36. This is my life

Chris' pov

"everything okay?" Scott asked. "I'm fine" you tell him. "that doesn't sound so good" Scott says, sitting next to you on the couch. it's been 2 months since y/n left, and it still hurt like hell. you realized now how stupid you've been, how much you actually cared for that girl. how much you wanted her here, beside you. "have you heard from y/n?" Scott asks you. you shake your head no, too scared your voice would give your sadness away. "what happened?" he asks, like he still couldn't believe it. "i thought it would be better if she left" you tell him, almost in a whisper. "and what did she say?" he asks you. "that she wanted to stay...with me" you says as a tear slips your eye. "Chris.." Scott says, sounding sad for you. "she told me she loved me" you tell your brother tears now streaming down your face. "shit" Scott says under his breath hugging you. "and I told her I loved her too" you say before your brother let's go of you. "sometimes you're stupid you know that" he says jokingly. earning a small, yet sad, smile from you. "yeah I know" you say smiling thru the tears.

when you dried your tears Scott asked how Lily was doing, after everything that happened. you still felt guilty. the way Lily was so fond of y/n, it broke your heart to hear the conversation with her and y/n. "she is doing okay" you tell Scott "she still had the tantrums, just not as bad as before. I just, I really don't have the time to deal with it sometimes" you tell him. "maybe you should look into another nanny" he suggests. "I don't know if I can handle that" you tell him honestly. you don't really know why the thought of another nanny scared you so much, maybe it was just because no one would be better than y/n. "oh you know what. I heard there is this new daycare. it just opened, maybe you could see if that's something for her" he says. "maybe" you tell him. "I'll send you the address" Scott says smiling softly at you. "take care Chris" he says as he's ready to leave. "you too" you say before he walks out the door.

---------------------------------------------

a week later you finally decide to go to the daycare Scott told you about. Lily was heaving tantrums almost daily and you really couldn't take it anymore. they were especially bad when she came back from Natalie, but you didn't want to blame her. maybe she was having the tantrums because she secretly hoped y/n would be back every time she would come back home.

"I don't want to go to stupid daycare" she says as you drive to it. "come on Lils, at least try to behave okay?" you ask her, almost desperate at this point. "don't call me Lils!" she says angry. "okay" you sigh. god you really hoped she liked this daycare. you park Infront of a nice looking building. it wasn't big, which actually made it feel really homey. maybe this was exactly what Lily needed. "I don't want to" Lily say irritated. "if you behave we can go for ice cream after" you tell her. "no I don't want to go" she say. "Lily" you tell her strictly "just behave". "okay" she says softly. you take her hand and walk in. you see a nice looking woman in the hall and walk up to her.

"hey I'm Chris and this is Lily" you say to the woman "we just wanted to have a look around". "that's great" the woman said "my boss is actually busy with the kids right now, follow me" she says. you follow the woman to a big looking room, and you hear a beautiful voice sing a kids song. you walk around the corner and are shocked to see it's y/n.