8. The rumors are true

you meet up with Alex in a restaurant nearby. "hey how are you?" Alex says hugging you. You were a bit surprised, he never hugged you before, but the hug was really welcome. "I'm okay now" you say smiling to him. you sit at a table and order some food. 

"what happened?" he asked a bit of a guilty look in his eyes "it was because of my gift wasn't it?"

"what happened?" he asked a bit of a guilty look in his eyes "it was because of my gift wasn't it?". "well kinda, but it really wasn't about the gifts" you tell him. "they were surprised you send something, because they clearly know you" you begin "then when they heard it was for me, Natalie demanded i didn't go". "what did her husband say about that?" he asked. "well he immediately thought something was going on. he seems to think you had a thing with Natalie" you tell him. "so they first had a fight if i could go or not. and then it shifted to who is cheating with who and stuff. and it got a bit much" you tell him. "I'm sorry y/n" he says. "you shouldn't be sorry" you tell him. it is silent for a while. "so is it true, did Natalie cheat with you?" you ask him, breaking the awkward silence.

he sighs before he speaks "she told me she is single" he says. "we have this thing going on, not a relationship but just like a casual fuck, you know" he says. you shake your head, a casual fuck, what the fuck did that mean. and he talks in the presence sense not in the past sense. "so you HAVE this thing" you say, praying you didn't hear it right. "well, I...we" he says. "listen if we get serious I'm willing to cut things off with her" he says. "you're willing to break things off with a married woman, you're not even sure you'll do It, you're just willing?" you ask him, now a little mad. "listen y/n I.....I'm sorry I should have told you. I'm used to polyamorous relationships" he says. you look at him confused. "I have relationships with multiple people at once" he tells you. you don't know why but you feel your heart break a little, you actually started to really like Alex.

 you stand up from the table. "I can't do that" you say in an emotionless tone. "listen y/n I'm willing to try, for you" he says, standing up to reaching for your hand, but you pull it away. "no" you tell him "you shouldn't compromise your feelings for mine" you say, not looking at him. "I want to try y/n" he says. "Alex i...i" you want to walk away when he grabs your hand and pulls you to him. your now really close to him and he softly kisses you. "listen y/n I really like you, please just give me a chance?" he says. you're shocked and can't move. it takes you a second to respond. "I...I need some time" you tell him. he let's go of you, like he understands. "give me a call if you know okay, I just.....I really like this, whatever this is" he says before you walk out the restaurant with an empty stomach.

a few days later

you still don't know what to do with Alex. the rumors were true. Natalie did had an affair with him. you have doubted over and over to call Chris and tell him. but then you thought about that little girl you cared for so much, she had it hard enough, she didn't need her parents to be divorced. you texted Alex you would like to talk with him and he invited you to his club, he had a short break when he could talk.