Volume 1: Chapter 2 Intro

Chapter 2: Planting the Seeds

Intro

A week and a half later, Kiyotaka exited the second year dorms in the early morning on his own to head into the school. Over the past week, he had been walking with either Kei, her friends, the Ayanokouji Group, or even Sudou, Ike and even Hirata.

Even though he enjoyed walking with them, especially Kei, he also missed the times he got to walk on his own. Times like this allowed him to be in his thoughts, giving him the comfort of being himself.

But in a school with nearly 160 students, and a reputation that was building up faster than he could count to one thousand, it was inevitable that someone would recognise Kiyotaka and call out to him before he could enjoy the entirety of his alone time.

"Ayanokouji-senpai!"

Thus, when a student called out his name upon seeing him walking towards the school, he wasn't exactly surprised. Although, he did feel sad that he didn't get to feel the maximum alone time he wanted as he was walking to school.

Kiyotaka turned to the voice who called out to him and saw none other than a girl with long blonde hair and sea blue eyes. It was none other than one of the two leaders of first year Class D - Nanase Tsubasa.

"Good morning Ayanokouji-senpai."

Her pronounced happy smile didn't make Kiyotaka feel uncomfortable compared to how he would feel with Kushida's old happy smile or Ichinose's very happy smile from when they were first years. But Kiyotaka still did sense a little too much happiness coming from Nanase.

"Good morning, Nanase. This is the first time I've seen you out this early walking to school."

This wasn't the full truth as Kiyotaka had seen Nanase walking to school a few times in the early morning, but he did this to start up a conversation before Nanase to state her actual reasons for meeting Kiyotaka here.

"Eh... Well I actually needed to talk with you senpai so I wanted to meet with you as early as possible."

For some reason, Nanase looked a little embarrassed. Kiyotaka was sure she wanted to talk to him about something serious, but her current actions made him slightly doubt that thought.

On an unrelated note though, Kiyotaka felt a scent enter his nostrils that was coming from Nanase. The smell was of lilacs, a comforting scent. Kiyotaka noted that it was Nanase's perfume.

Nanase's scent had been one of 3 girl's scents he knew pretty well. Although it wasn't intentional, he managed to get a sniff of Nanase's sweaty self during the uninhabited island exam. Because of that, he remembered that scent pretty well, so this perfume scent was different.

The other two scents of girls he remembered was Ichinose, since she wore perfume well and that he held her close during the uninhabited island exam too. And the other was Kei, whose scent he knew all too well since they slept together a lot and had their first time recently.

"What is it?" Kiyotaka asked her, curious on what she wanted to talk to him about and why she was acting like she was right now.

Nanase gave a sigh before she began talking with a slightly serious expression.

"Senpai. You remember the bounty on your head that I told you about after the little scuffle back then?" When Kiyotaka nodded his head, Nanase continued. "Well the good thing is that it's over. It was only meant to last until the start of the second semester. So you should be safe from that now."

Kiyotaka narrowed his eyes as he noticed something with her wording.

"You said 'was meant to last', which sounds like you're implying that it's still ongoing."