Volume 2: Chapter 3 Part 3

==========================================================

Part 3

The Kouenji Conglomerate was an extremely large company, one of the most well known corporations in Japan and the world. In the top 50 companies ranked by market capitalization, revenue and profit, the Kouenji Conglomerate ranked around the 30s, only just a little bit behind Toyota Motor Corporation.

Behind the chair of such a large corporation was the man known as Kouenji-sama, the CEO and Chairman of the company. Under his direct leadership, the company went from just a small startup from a rural house in the countryside of Fukuoka to a corporation with several offices spread across Tokyo, London, Paris, Berlin, New York, Beijing and many other cities across the world.

People stood behind Kouenji-sama as a leader as he brought the corporation to the scale that it now is today. However, one's reign would always come to an end at some point, and for Kouenji-sama that time was soon as his son, Kouenji Rokusuke, was soon set to become the new heir to the Kouenji Conglomerate.

However, despite being the heir to the Kouenji Conglomerate, Kouenji was still a high school student, and needed to learn a bit more about high school and normal life before becoming the new leader for the corporation.

That was part of the reason why Kouenji was attending the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School. There were, of course, some other, more personal reasons Kouenji had been admitted to this school instead of a normal one, but those reasons were to be told for another time.

Kouenji stood at the field where the Capture the Flag event was being held. This was a mixed event between boys and girls, so it wasn't a surprise to see all genders around. Kouenji was with the rest of his team for Class B, which consisted of him, Sudou, Hirata, Akito, Onodera, Horikita, Mei-Yu and Chiyo Sonoda.

Their team, in itself, was quite a strong one. Sporty students like Sudou, Hirata and Onodera were a huge benefit in winning the Capture the Flag event while Mei-Yu and Chiyo were just extras. Horikita, Akito and Kouenji were very capable students, but they weren't exactly very sporty, though a special case was set for Kouenji.

"Kouenji-kun participating in a team event is really a surprise. He usually keeps to himself. I'm glad."

"Hmph. It's good that he is, but I still can't respect him as well even if he's really great."

Mei-Yu and Chiyo conversed about Kouenji's presence. The man himself heard the conversation behind him but he didn't really care as he just stared off at their opponents with a smirk.

It was true that this was one of the first times that Kouenji had actually participated in a team with his own class. Usually, he would either abstain from participating with the excuse that he was either ill or just unable to participate for other reasons, or if he did participate, he would do it alone because he was all he needed. It was for this reason that Class B, at times, had a hard time trusting Kouenji.