Volume 2: Chapter 3 Intro

==========================================================

Intro

9:00am sharp. The hands inside the school's random clock tower hit their designated time and rang their bells, indicating the start to a day very special to Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School.

Students of all classes lined up at the front of the recently built stage outside by the school's field used for these festivals, waiting for the announcement of the start of the festival.

At that moment, the student council president, Nagumo Miyabi, walked up to the stage and stood in front of the microphone.

"Good morning everyone. Welcome to this year's sports festival. I hope you all have been training yourselves to be ready for this year's one because it's going to be different than what we're used to."

As he spoke, the attention on him grew. The confident smile on his face as he gave his speech contained a bit of taunting. His expression was saying "you won't beat us in this new sports festival." As the one who proposed and likely created a lot of the new methods this year's sports festival was to show, Nagumo wanted to have as much fun with it as possible.

"For this year, we also have some alumni visitors watching us. I'd like to cordially thank you all for coming to watch us even though a lot of you may always be busy with your jobs. I'm sure we students will make sure to not disappoint you with our competition this year."

Nagumo then looked at Kiyotaka in the background of the students. It went unnoticed by everyone, but the target in question easily saw it and narrowed his eyes.

"Now it's time to get the sports festival started. The first event will be the long and triple jumps, held within the exact same areas at around 9:30am. Pick what events to choose and make sure you arrive at them on time. Commanders should head to the designated building to set up. The Commander Events will be the very last events to be held in the sports festival. I wish everyone the best of luck."

As he left the stage, the students and visiting adults applauded, some even roaring that they were going to do well in the sports festival. Kiyotaka, who was quietly standing with his class, took a moment to look at the audience. His eyes scanned for a familiar figure, familiar features and most of all familiar eyes.

His personal radar, aka his intuition and very own eyes, appeared to be in complete condition as his target finally came into view. There, standing at the very back of the crowd, surrounded by a few bodyguards, was the man he was looking for.

Yatei Ayatouji.

Also known as Professor Ayanokouji.

And most importantly, his father.

The man had his eyes closed and arms crossed, seeming very bored right now. Kiyotaka wasn't that surprised by this, as his father was someone who had a lot of work. He was actually a little surprised he had a little bit of time to attend today's sports festival, but that wasn't too important right now.