Volume 1: Chapter 3 Intro

Chapter 3: Suspicions and Dates?

Intro

The next day arrived quickly and the students of Class B frolicked their way into the classrooms, ready to begin their first lesson of the day. Although they all weren't eager, the students showed an intention to study and listen during classes. They looked confident and ready to begin the day.

...At least that was the plan.

As soon as Chabashira entered the classroom, every student turned towards her only to see an expression not as familiar to them as her previous cold nature or her recent smiling attorney. Instead, plastered on her face was an expression that showed unease, or even fear.

This unease transferred to the students as only one reason came to their mind for their uneasy teacher - a new special exam. Despite this, however, a few students felt that a special exam wasn't the exact reason. This was likely due to the schedule for the next couple of weeks. Coming up in a few weeks was the sports festival which, if following how it was handled last year, was likely going to be close to a special exam. And then, after that, the cultural festival which they had already been planning and prepping for.

They were soon in for a surprise.

"Good morning, everyone. I have an announcement to make before we begin registration. Before the sports festival in October, you will have to undergo a new special exam," Chabashira started, destroying some of the students' confidence and making them upset.

Around this time in their previous year, everybody was preparing for the sports festival. No special exams were in the way of this. They focused all their attention setting up a training regime and partaking in such. But it appeared that this year was different. The sports festival was announced nearly 3 weeks ago, and yet they haven't begun planning a training regime, nor have they heard the little "twist" for the sports festival.

"Huh!? I just got through the gruelling deserted island exam and now I've got to take another special exam...!?"

Understandably, and something that appeared to become the norm, Ike projected his frustration way before anyone else could respond to Chabashira's announcement. His girlfriend, Shinohara Satsuki, had barely overcome the fear of being expelled in the uninhabited island thanks to following a plan laid by Kiyotaka. They were able to begin their relationship due to that.

However, even though they just started their relationship, another special exam was around the corner, one which likely involved expulsions either sudden or normal. Their chance at diving deeper into their newfound relationship was now at risk due to this upcoming special exam.

It wasn't just Ike and Shinohara who were at risk though. Students who held low overall OAA performances were undoubtedly at particular risk of expulsion in this upcoming special exam.

"What the hell guys!? We'll just have to get through a few extra exams before we get to the sports festival."

Sudou, who had absolute confidence in his athleticism, pumped his fist. He seemed to not enjoy the uneasy atmosphere and tried to fire the students up.

"Please don't get carried away, Sudou-kun."

"Oh..."

Immediately, Sudou was shut down by Horikita's warning. He became a little sullen, and fell silent.

"In the last few years of this school, there have been few cases of special exams at this time of year. In fact, to be brutally honest with you all, there is no special exam for the first-year or third-year students."

"Does that mean that only us second years will have to face a special exam before the sports festival?" Satou asked, leaning back in her chair. Chabashira nodded without objection.