Volume 2: Chapter 3 Part 4

==========================================================

Part 4

The boys cavalry battle ended without any of Class B participating. From what Kiyotaka had told the boys, he wanted them to avoid that event and focus on better ones. However, he mentioned the opposite for the girls, and so Kei, Shinohara, Mori and Matsushita stood with the other three second year classes as they waited to get ready for the cavalry battle.

"Hey. Doesn't this remind you of the same event in last year's sports festival?" Shinohara said as she turned back to look at her friends.

When Kei thought about it, what Shinohara was saying was indeed true. Just like last year's sports festival, Kei was the rider with the band on her head while Shinohara, Mori and Matsushita were the horses holding her up.

"Hehe. It does. Kei-chan was really into it last year. Will you be the same this year?" Mori giggled at the memory.

"T-that was because Kiyotaka was watching... and even though we weren't dating at that time, I didn't want to disappoint him... Yeah. That's it!"

"If that's the case, doesn't that mean you'll be doing the same thing again here? Because you want to make your boyfriend proud."

Matsushita added the final blow to make Kei a slight blushing mess, making her workhorses giggle a little bit. Should workhorses really be giggling like that? Kei wondered.

"Well. Even if that were the case, we probably shouldn't overdo it too much. Ayanokouji-kun hasn't given us the go ahead to go along with the plan yet, but he probably will soon. Let's just at least play and have fun while we can."

"Yeah!"

As the girls cheered, the mediator, or teacher in this case, for the event announced it was about to begin shortly and the teams should get into position. All the second year classes spread themselves out, creating a sort of diamond formation. 4 class teams. 4 girls in each team.

Looking at each of the teams, Kei could see that she was up against Masumi Kamuro from Class A, Ichinose Honami from Class C and Shiina Hiyori from Class D. In other words, the horseman riders were not athletic at all, and minus Ichinose's group which had 2 athletic girls being the workhorses, none of the workhorses themselves appeared to be athletic.

[Looks like this game will be both fun and competitive. Just what we needed...] She thought.

And when she thought about it more, she remembered seeing Nanase Tsubasa and Amasawa Ichika in the First Year blocks for this event. No doubt that if this was entirely a mixed year game, Ichika most likely would've targeted her, and it was possible Nanase would do the same though Kei couldn't be too sure.

"Cavalry battle for the Second Years will now begin! You can start when the whistle blows!" The same teacher announced.

The horse's legs spread. The rider's arms ready. Kei and her workhorses got ready to make their move. And right after that, the whistle blew. The girls' Cavalry Battle begun.