Volume 2: Chapter 3 Part 2

==========================================================

Part 2

Being chosen as the MVP for the sports festival meant heavy responsibility to do well for your class. The MVP has the ability to participate in as many events as possible, while normal participants only had to partake in just 5.

But it wasn't just that. The rewards on the line for the MVPs were huge. If one were to win so many events and place first in the MVP rewards, they would receive a large amount of private points or a class transfer ticket.

For Sudou and Onodera, the two MVPs for Second Year Class B, the private points were the most important to them. So far, the two of them had participated in as many pair and single competitions and won as many of them as possible despite it still being quite early on in the day.

"It's almost time for the final. Are you ready, Sudou-kun?" Onodera asked

The two of them held their tennis rackets, standing off to the side of the court and waiting around for their turn in the final round to begin. As Onodera looked at Sudou, the man in question was staring at their opponents with a look that screamed competition and determination.

"Yeah. Let's win this, Onodera."

As the teacher announced for the players to come to the tennis court, the pair traversed their way to their side of the court. On the other side stood their opponents. One of them had their signature smirk, which pissed Sudou off, but only made him more determined to not get angry and win.

.

Earlier...

"Sudou-kun. The next set of events consist of Tennis Duos which are mixed gender, 100m Dash which are separate for genders, Ball Toss and Steeplechase. I think we should participate in the Tennis Duos together, because we can gather lots of points for our class if we do."

Reading the guide Chabashira handed her just before the start of the sports festival, Onodera spoke to her MVP partner who was looking around everywhere for some weird reason.

"Suzune? Suzune, where are you right now?"

"Ah-..."

Onodera sighed and deadpanned as she watched Sudou's simp-search for their ex-leader. From her own point of view, she really couldn't see what Sudou saw in Horikita, especially after what happened recently. Sure, she led them well, but that didn't hide the fact that Horikita was still what Onodera called a "stubborn bitch".

But Onodera kept that to herself and focused back on the matter on hand.

"Sudou-kun!"

"Huh!?"

Broken from his dream of searching for his "true love", Sudou yelped in surprise and looked at Onodera. Now back in reality, he realised she was trying to explain something important to him. He bowed in apology.