Volume 1: Chapter 3 Part 5

Part 5

Upon reaching his room and sitting down on the bed again to relax after such a day, Kiyotaka was immediately disrupted from his meditation from the sound and vibration of an incoming phone call from his smartphone.

He immediately grabbed the device and found a not saved 11-digit number on the call screen. Despite it being a number he hadn't saved to on his phone, Kiyotaka recognised the number. Not wasting any time, he swiped on the answer call button and put the phone to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Kiyotaka-kun. I'm sorry that I'm calling this late at night, but can I have a moment of your time now?"

"It's alright. I'm not doing much on my end. It's been a long time since I've heard from you, Chairman Sakayanagi."

The very director of the school known as Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School, and father of the leader of second year Class A, Chairman Sakayanagi was the owner of the voice behind the digital curtains. It had been a while since that voice had reached Kiyotaka's ears.

"I'm sure I've caused you a lot of anxiety too over everything that has happened and my silence since being admitted again, but everything's okay now."

"I see. I'm glad to hear you're doing well."

"It must have been tough for you too. But I must say that I'm amazed that you've been able to stay in this school without any problems in unfavourable conditions."

"Thanks, I guess. Though, it just so happens if he had been serious, I wouldn't still be here right now."

Kiyotaka and Chairman Sakayanagi didn't even need to mention Tsukishiro's name to understand that they were talking about the same person.

"With all that he did as the Acting Director from what I heard, I do have a few questions about his behaviour... But let's not talk about that today since that isn't important. I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be following up with you in the future."

Even though he knew the Chairman couldn't see it happening, Kiyotaka raised his eyebrows to show his confusion and interest.

"I'm sure you've heard about the unusual cultural festival by now, right? Government officials, school alumni and their families have been invited to be part of the festival. I'm sure you know what it means right? Unfortunately, this was all confirmed before I could stop it. Once I approached them, it was too late since the invites had gone out and I had already received the acceptance letters."

Tokyo Metropolitan High School, which was very well known for its isolation from the world around them, was now opening its gates for visitors of the school's very first cultural festival. This was the work of Tsukishiro who had a conversation about a cultural festival with Kiyotaka back during the spring break.

It was unfortunate for Chairman Sakayanagi, who always wanted to stick to the original outline of school isolation, that he couldn't stop the festival from moving further ahead. He could only go along with the festival and allow teachers to announce it.

"It's nothing for the Chairman to apologise for since it was unfortunately beyond his power at the time and too late now. But I'm sure the students are looking forward to it."

From the rules alone, it definitely felt like a special exam. However, cultural festivals were built to be fun, both for the students hosting it and the visitors partaking in it. However, from the news of visitors appearing, and the likely possibility of Professor Ayanokouji appearing, whether the cultural festival will feel like one for Kiyotaka was another story.