Volume 1: Epilogue Part 2

Part 2

"There isn't much time left in this special exam, so I think I should probably give you all the name of the student who kept voting in favour since the beginning of this question. But before I do so, I just want to make a suggestion."

"A suggestion?"

Kiyotaka suddenly spoke up again like he did previously, causing everyone's attention to return back to him. It was Kushida who responded to him. He looked at her straight in the eyes while explaining.

"Ah. I'm going to give you a name now, because I don't think this is going to be just a statement. Because if I say the wrong person, reputational damage won't be the end of the story."

"That's... for sure."

"That's why it's not a proper statement, and on the flip side, if it turns out that I said the wrong person, then I'll take the blame and I'll be expelled."

"Hey, Kiyotaka!"

Understandably, Kei immediately tried to retort. However, this was just an act. Even though she didn't like the idea, Kei trusted Kiyotaka that he would come through with his plan in the end.

Hearing that Kiyotaka was willing to take responsibility, the class turned into uproar. It wasn't just Kei who appeared against this, Satou, Matsushita, Haruka, Airi, Akito and a few others also appeared to be against the idea, but Kushida and Kiyotaka kept talking, not allowing them to speak.

"Are you sure you're okay? Ayanokouji-kun... I don't want any of my classmates to be expelled and Ayanokouji is one of them..."

Kiyotaka narrowed his eyes seeing the surprise act on Kushida's face, but kept his own act on as to not raise suspicion too much.

"Thanks for your concern, Kushida. But I'm fine."

"You say you're going to leave school, but Karuizawa-san and a few others are against Ayanokouji-kun's vote, right? That would mean..."

"I won't let that happen. Taking responsibility also means stopping those opposing votes. If the time comes, I will make Kei and the others vote yes. Do you understand?"

He directed the last part at Kei and everyone else who was getting ready to protect him. Those in question heard the slight authority in his tone, making them reluctantly agree.

"I understand and accept to a certain extent what Kushida said. I was the one who led the vote to the choice of expelling someone, so of course, I should take some of the blame. However, someone has been stubbornly voting in favour since the very start and I feel that person should take the blame in its entirety."

"Let's face it, there's a student in this class who tried to sneak in a good deal of anonymity by having someone drop out, isn't there? Just like Kiyotaka said, that means this person should take responsibility."

Kei joined in to protect Kiyotaka again, and soon after, more students began to agree with Kiyotaka and Kei.

"You've prepared yourselves... haven't you?"

Kushida's anxious eyes stared at Kiyotaka as she tried to make one last confirmation. Kiyotaka looked back at her from his seat and replied.

"As long as you are naming names, you have to be prepared to pay for it. Above all, I can speak out and risk my own expulsion because I believe I am as close to 100 percent certain as I can be. In fact, I am pretty much 100 percent certain."

"I see, okay. Then I'll believe Ayanokouji-kun."

With that said, Kushida's eyes were so intense as they stared at Kiyotaka that it was as if she was saying "Say it if you dare, you motherfucker. Come at me."