Volume 2: Chapter 3 Part 1

==========================================================

Part 1

Class B was still having trouble trusting Horikita to lead them for the sports festival. Because of this, it was decided Kiyotaka would be the Commander to lead them as the next best option. However, even though Kiyotaka was chosen as the Commander for this exam, he was away from his classmates and was mostly only able to talk through devices during the events. Class B did not have a supportive leader in the middle of the events to help them.

At least if they didn't do anything to rectify that issue, that would've been the case.

Predicting there would be a little bit of discomfort even without Kiyotaka being there, Hirata and Kei took the liberty to act as the motivating leaders for Class B, helping and directing students to events they believed would work best for them.

Even though the two of them took the liberty of taking the role, it was Kiyotaka that asked them to do so. Kei and Hirata remembered what he told them before the unanimous vote special exam, and they couldn't help but think of it as being true, especially now that he was taking the lead.

"Both you and Yousuke have the ability to read the atmosphere better than the average student. It's an ability that's more important than ever, so you need to be more flexible with it and develop it further."

As Kei remembered this, she sighed and looked at her teammates and opponents for the triple jump event. There were three lanes for the triple jump, allowing for 3 contestants to participate all at once. As of right now, it was just the boys that were partaking in the event at the moment, and Sudou was one of the next people in the line.

"Yoshaaaa! I'm going to get us first place in this event!"

It was inevitable that Sudou would be fired up to win. As Class B's MVP, he was set to not only garner as many points as possible for their class, but he was also set to be likely to win the first place MVP rewards.

Sudou stood on the line, body in a ready-to-run stance. In the other two lanes were Shibata Sou from Class C and Kitou Hayato from Class A. Soon, the teacher gave the go ahead for all three lanes and the three boys ran the track to the jumping line. With a large battle cry as he ran, Sudou finally reached the line and began his process.

Hop. Skip. Jump!

It wasn't sure whether his shout upon the jump really helped him, but his three step triple jump made him land quite far. When Kei looked over at the boys, she noticed that Sudou had indeed landed the furthest.

"Shibata Sou, 11.88 metres. Sudou Ken, 12.42 metres. Kitou Hayato, 11.01 metres. The current position holder is second year Sudou Ken in first place with third year Kiriyama Ikuto in second place and second year Shibata Sou in third place."

Even after the first year boys took part in the rest of the boys triple jump, the standings did not change. As soon as it was over, Sudou shouted his victory and ran over to Kei and Horikita.