Volume 1: Chapter 3 Part 3

Part 3

After the date at Akiusha, Kei spent some time with Kiyotaka in his room, allowing their date to continue towards an indoor one. Whether it was doing a little bit of studying or watching a small comedy show on the TV together, the continuation of the date had been fun for the two.

Sadly, dates could not last forever. Kei soon had to leave after she received a text from Shinohara requesting for her presence, leaving Kiyotaka on his own again in his room for the rest of the night.

At least that's what was going to happen.

Unexpectedly, a knock was heard at the front door to room 401. Kiyotaka turned towards the door with raised eyebrows. He was not expecting any visitors and Kei said she was going to sleep in her dorm room for a few nights before sleeping with him again.

So who was it knocking at Kiyotaka's door?

Judging it was best to just find out immediately and not let this "guest" standing outside for too long, Kiyotaka got up from his seat at the eating table and walked towards the door. He took a peep through the small peephole just to get a glimpse of who it was before opening the door.

"Ayanokouji-kun. It's me. Can we talk?"

In all honesty, he was expecting to see that red-haired devil kouhai, Amasawa Ichika, through the peephole like the last time she visited him like this. Luckily, that didn't appear to be the case as instead of Amasawa being at the door, Kiyotaka heard the voice of a familiar girl.

Not needing to look through the peephole anymore, Kiyotaka removed the lock and opened the door to reveal his short black haired classmate - Horikita Suzune.

"This is a little bit of a surprise. Normally if you want to talk to me about something this late, you'd just drop me a phone call."

"You're right. Normally I would. But this conversation is not something I want to talk about on the phone, so I wanted to talk to you in person. I would have done it earlier, but I was also quite a bit busy. So can you let me in?"

"Sure sure."

Kiyotaka stepped aside to let Horikita in before closing the door behind her. The two walked towards the table that Kiyotaka was just sitting at.

"Would you like something to drink while you're here?"

"Hmm... Just some black tea will do if you're willing to make something."

Nodding, he made his way to the kitchen and turned on the kettle to make black tea for his visitor and coffee for himself. A few minutes later, he returned to the table with two mugs, placing one in front of Horikita and the other in front of his seat.

"So? You wanted to talk to me about something?"

"Yes. It's about the special exam. There's something I want to talk to only you about and your thoughts on it. Okay?"

"Yeah, no problem."

"Huh?"

Unexpectedly, Horikita gave a surprised expression as if she never expected an answer from him. Realising this, Kiyotaka decided to question her.

"What's with that reaction?"

"I was honestly expecting you to refuse to listen to me over the special exam even after coming here and sitting down. You usually want to avoid talks like this, don't you?"

"Well, when you put it like that. I guess that is true. But it's not like you're asking me to help you, right?"

"I don't know about that... In the meantime, if you'll listen to me, I'll let you proceed."