Volume 2: Chapter 5 Part 3

==========================================================

Part 3

Kiyotaka walked up to Court A this time around and saw Nagumo standing there waiting for him with a smirk on his face. It looked like Nagumo was looking forward to defeating Kiyotaka in this game.

"This time, I will defeat you. I'm really good at badminton so I look forward to your demise Ayanokouji."

The two of them got into their positions, Kiyotaka being given the shuttlecock to serve. As he raised it in the air and hit it towards Nagumo's side of the field, Kiyotaka was immediately caught off guard by the hard return of the shuttlecock to his side of the field. He had no time to react even if he wanted to as the shuttlecock hit the ground, giving one point to Nagumo.

"Heh. You'll have to do better than that, Ayanokouji. Come on. Entertain me."

The shuttlecock returned back to Kiyotaka to take his second serve before being handed over to Nagumo. Kiyotaka prepared the next serve and shot it over to the other side. However, instead of the shuttlecock being returned and hitting the ground again, Kiyotaka was ready for it this time and returned it with a hard forehand underswing.

Nagumo only just barely reacted in time, hitting the shuttlecock right back again. It bounced back between each court, rackets clanging as they kept swinging. The game continued on like this. Soon the score was tied 5 all. Due to the other block game finishing earlier and the fact that the winner couldn't fight anyone until the final, all the other commanders and spectators were watching the game between Kiyotaka, a supposed nobody who had a very cute girlfriend and was part of a band, and Nagumo, the current student council president.

"I must say Ayanokouji. I understood you were better than me at archery. I accepted that you beat me there. But I didn't expect you to be really good at badminton either. You really are making this enjoyable."

Nagumo received the shuttlecock and got ready to serve again. However, he stopped himself for a moment upon hearing Kiyotaka's reply to him.

"Are you proud of everything you have done to change this school, Senpai?"

"Huh?"

It wasn't surprising to Kiyotaka that Nagumo froze upon hearing his question. Being asked such a drastic question in the middle of an important tournament would obviously shock anyone. The very fact that Tsubaki had done this exact thing with Kiyotaka just not too long ago was proof of that.

"Since Horikita-senpai resigned from his position as the Student Council President last year, you have done a lot to change this school into a meritocracy. You assisted in the creation of special exams such as the Uninhabited Island exam and even a part of this sports festival. You made additions to this school that greatly assisted in the class competitions, such as the OAA. But you also have manipulated your ability as the president to do things you wanted. So I just wanted to ask, are you proud of what you've done as this school's Student Council President?"