Volume 1: Epilogue Part 5

Part 5

Yesterday, in Kiyotaka's room, the room owner, his girlfriend and closest friend were discussing the special exam when a knock was heard from the front door.

"You're just in time. Come in..."

As Kiyotaka opened the door and stepped aside to let the person through, the silhouette revealed themselves to be none other than Sakura Airi. Kei and Hirata raised their eyebrows as they were shocked, surprised and confused altogether.

"Sakura-san. You were called here by Kiyotaka-kun?"

Hirata composed himself and asked their new guest the question.

"Yes. It was out of nowhere, but I couldn't refuse him asking to talk to me."

Kei looked at Kiyotaka, eyes questioning why he asked her love rival to come to his room.

"Take a seat Airi. I'll explain why I called you here in a minute. Firstly though, would you all like a drink?"

"Whoa whoa, Ayanokouji-boy. Don't go up and close the door without letting me in too."

Before Kiyotaka could close the door behind him, Kouenji appeared out of nowhere and spoke, surprising everyone, even Kiyotaka.

"Kouenji. I don't remember asking you to come here."

"Fufufu. Of course you didn't, Ayanokouji-boy. I merely decided to show up myself predicting you were going to have a meeting with Shy Glasses-girl. I have something to drop off here for you anyway, so I might as well join in the conversation."

Without even letting Kiyotaka reply, Kouenji entered his room and took a seat next to Hirata on the bed while Airi was sitting next to Kei. Kiyotaka sighed before closing the door and making his way to the kitchen to make some tea for everyone. He then returned and handed a cup to each person, before someone spoke up.

"Kiyotaka. Why did you call Sakura-san here? And why is Kouenji-kun here too?"

Kei asked that, prompting an answer. Kiyotaka nodded and replied.

"Well. It has to do with what I told you guys about earlier. When this special exam was announced, something immediately started bothering me. Let me ask you all something, does this unanimous special exam give you any vibes to something we've previously done before?"

Hirata, Kei and Airi all put on thoughtful expressions, trying to discern what Kiyotaka was talking about. Seeing as none of them could put it together, Kouenji smirked and laughed mockingly before giving his answer.

"Fufufu. My, you all can't put it together? Shameful. Hirata-boy should know it all too well. Ayanokouji-boy is talking about the Class Vote exam from last year."

The three of them immediately stiffened, Hirata especially. The Class Vote exam was the very first exam that got a student from their class expelled - Yamauchi Haruki. And it was all at the hands of all the students voting for him.

"...You can't be saying...?"

Kiyotaka answered Hirata's fear with a nod.

"Yes. It's very likely that one of the five questions we will get in this special exam will be related to expelling a certain student in return for class points."

"But... But our class has learned since the Class Vote exam. No one wants to expel anyone in our class. They all want to be together and graduate Class A!"

"I would agree with you Yousuke. But, that isn't actually true. There is one student in our class who wants to expel two of her classmates. I happen to be one of them."