Volume 1: Epilogue Part 6

Part 6

"Kiyotaka-kun really is kind, even if he is a little cruel."

As Kiyotaka and Airi finished the story, everyone, minus Kei, looked at them with amazement and a tinge bit of fear and worship.

"So please don't hate Kiyotaka-kun, Haruka-chan. He did this all for me in the end, even if it also was all for him. And he also told me that while the original plan was to put me on the target of expulsion, he apparently met with Sakayanagi-san to make a deal to get 20 million points in return for something. But that deal didn't go anywhere unfortunately."

Haruka had been completely silent throughout the story. She turned towards Kiyotaka, whose apathetic expression did not change at all. She gave a sad smile and walked up to him.

"Kiyopon... I won't say I agree with you arranging this, but you did end up providing a lot for Airi in the end. So I won't hate you for this. But... Please... Never do this again if the time comes."

"...I'll try too..."

"Hehe. That's not good enough Kiyopon. I want you to promise that you won't. Not promise that you'll try not to."

"..."

The other girls giggled nearby as they watched this scene. But now it was time to get back to the more important part. Everyone turned back to Airi who had her suitcase right by her side.

"So... You'll actually be leaving us, Airi-chan... Just when we started getting the KiyoKei band altogether. We're already parting with a member. Waaaahhhhhhh! I don't like this!"

Mori cried a bit as she went up and hugged Airi. The others had tears forming in their eyes as they were about to say goodbye.

"We didn't even get to know each other better for that long! This is the worst!"

"Nene-chan. It's alright. We may meet again at some point. Perhaps, I'll be back for the cultural festival, and then we can sing altogether again."

"You better hold to that promise Airi-chan. This can't be the end of the KiyoKei Band!"

Mori then let go and walked back, wiping the tears away with her arm.

"Hey hey, Mori-san. You're making Satou-san and Matsushita-san cry too."

Akito said this with slight concern which made Airi giggle a bit. She looked at them again with one last smile and then turned her gaze to Kei.

"Karuizawa-san. We may be rivals, but I'm also glad we got to be friends. Please take care of Kiyotaka-kun as you go on."

Kei smiled at her and replied.

"Sakura-san... You betcha. I won't let Kiyotaka get down and I'll always take care of him. I'm glad we got to be friends in the end too."

Airi nodded with a smile and then turned to the last person, walking up to him.

"Kiyotaka-kun. Thank you for everything. If we don't see each other again at the cultural festival, then I hope to see you again at some point."

"Yes... I hope so too..."

Airi noticed a slight bit of hesitation from him. It almost like he wanted to say something else to her. She smiled, beckoning him to say it.

"Airi... I know it's selfish of me. But I have one last request for you when you leave. Or rather... It's a task I want to leave you with. Something I can only trust you with."

"A task?"

"It's quite dangerous and will test your abilities. So you don't have to accept if you don't want to. I'd rather not see you get hurt because of this."