Volume 2: Chapter 1 Part 2

==========================================================

Part 2

When the time for homeroom arrived, all of Class B returned to their respective seats.

Horikita arrived just one minute before homeroom began. However, her goal of waiting for Kushida to come out of her room to go to school ended up being unsuccessful, as she arrived without her target.

Alongside that, there were two other absentees from the class, resulting in 3 unusual empty seats inside the classroom combined with the 2 now usual empty ones.

When Chabashira noticed this as she stood in front of the class, her eyes locked on Kiyotaka and Horikita for a moment before she sighed and spoke to the class.

"Kushida, Hasebe, and Wang are absent. I've received a call from Wang that she's sick, so that's acceptable. As for Kushida and Hasebe, I haven't heard from them, so I'll call them later to confirm."

Considering what happened on Friday, Chabashira's use of the word "sick" wasn't exactly acceptable. It was more likely that Mei-Yu was feigning illness so that she wouldn't come in, and despite knowing that, Chabashira decided to use the paraphrase to make it sound believable.

"Don't look so anxious, a day or two of absence won't affect your class points. It's even possible for all three of them to be sick at the same time by pure coincidence. That said, if this break lasts longer, it won't be limited to that. And if it turns out to be a temporary illness, problems will gradually come to the surface. There's a limit to how much you can do when you're sick without knowing the specific name of the illness. I'm hoping for a quick recovery if possible," Chabashira continued while looking at Kushida's seat specifically.

All eyes were drawn to Horikita. In the unanimous special exam, she declared that she would put her own ideas first and keep Kushida. Naturally, the blame was directed at Horikita. Even though she was receiving the brunt of the gaze, Horikita did not move an inch.

However, to the surprise of everyone, at that one moment, the door opened and revealed a certain long ocean blue haired girl with orange eyes. It was none other than Hasebe Haruka.

She turned towards Chabashira and bowed a little apologetically.

"I apologise for being late. I was held back a bit which delayed my journey here."

Her voice was noticeably colder than usual, so much so that it made quite a number of the students shiver in slight fear. Even Chabashira shivered a very tiny bit, but she recomposed herself to reply.

"...That's okay. Just try to make sure it doesn't happen again and make it a recurring thing. Go take a seat so I can begin homeroom."

"Yes."

Haruka gave one look at the class and glared daggers at most of them. The sharpest of the glares was specifically aimed at Horikita, which wasn't surprising. Horikita tried her best to ignore it, but even she shivered a tiny bit. Haruka walked over to her seat and sat down, giving a glance to Kiyotaka, which was warmer than the cold expression she wore earlier.