Volume 2: Chapter 4 Intro

==========================================================

Intro

12:00pm was the beginning of the 1 hour break for the students and visitors. Having lunch, taking restroom breaks and planning strategies for the next 2 hours for the rest of the events, this would be the best time to conduct such activities.

However, with visitors around the campus, there was one unavoidable thing that was also set to happen during the break of the sports festival. All the visitors were alumni of the school. Whether they were CXOs of large or medium sized companies or captains or managers of specific sports teams or even politicians, it wouldn't be a surprise to have one of them approach a student to talk.

With that in mind, Kiyotaka got up from his seat at the Class B Commander cubicle and walked out. Arisu appeared to be waiting for him just to the side as immediately as she saw him, she walked up to him.

"Ayanokouji-kun. My father wants to see us before you go for lunch. You know what's about to happen next, right?"

Her expression was serious. The usual smug smile she always wore no matter whether the day was dry and sunny or cold and wet was no longer present on her face. Even in situations where they were extremely serious, she would always wear a cold smile. So seeing her like this meant only one thing.

Nodding, Kiyotaka ignored the stares from Kanzaki and Katsuragi and followed Arisu out of the building. Their destination was the main school building, however, they would not enter the school building at all.

Seeing the two of them leave, one of the teachers followed and caught up to them. This was the trusty assistant Chairman Sakayanagi told Kiyotaka about. The assistant actually stood nearby Kiyotaka for the last 3 hours, keeping an eye out for him if anything would happen and responding to it as quickly and discreetly as possible. However, nothing had happened, which was both reassuring and worrying.

Soon, they arrived at the front of the school and to the surprise of no one there, Chairman Sakayanagi and the man they were all expecting to see were standing there. The latter's eyes were as sharp as usual, sharper than a bread and large kitchen knife. As they turned to face Kiyotaka, the piercing glare became more visible. Anyone under such a glare would easily quiver in fear.

However, Kiyotaka and Arisu approached the two adults without fear. They stopped a little bit away from them knowing issues would arise if they got too close. But they were still within earshot to both hear and talk to them.

"Good afternoon Father. Good afternoon Ayanokouji-sensei. It has been a while."

Arisu called out to the two adults as soon as they stopped. Her smile had returned to her face, though it was a more serious smile compared to her usual smugness. Her classmates wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them, but Kiyotaka could tell.

"Sakayanagi Arisu, huh? I guess I should've expected you to be here if your father was here. And the fact that you seem close to Kiyotaka. That was my own stupid mistake for not considering that," Professor Ayanokouji said with his usual Antartica tone.