Volume 1: Chapter 3 Part 2

Part 2

As soon as the day ended, two students, male and female, were seen leaving the school building walking hand in hand. Quite a number of students watched these two walk past, as if witnessing a king and queen in their field of vision.

"Kiyotaka? Can we go to that new nice looking restaurant in Keyaki Mall?"

The blonde haired gyaru questioned her chestnut haired boyfriend. A blushing expectant smile was present on her face, making her beautiful features more prominent than normal. Whether she was embarrassed or just really happy, Kiyotaka didn't know.

"Sure. I've been wanting to try out that restaurant with you at some point."

Kiyotaka and Kei sauntered their way through the campus, heading towards Keyaki Mall to begin their long awaited date. They stood out a lot not only as a couple but as leaders of the KiyoKei band who won the Talent Show.

Even though Kiyotaka disliked this type of attention, he appeared to be fine with it, likely because he was around Kei. But it was also likely that Kiyotaka just didn't care any more as he had the third years' eyes on him at all times.

Soon, the couple entered Keyaki Mall and arrived at the certain restaurant that they were looking to have their date in. They read the sign that portrayed the name of the restaurant: Akiusha.

"So this is the new building that Acting Director Tsukishiro approved before second year."

Akiusha was not an existing restaurant in Keyaki Mall. Rather, it was a restaurant that was only recently added to the plans for the mall's extension and built within a short time. The one who gave such an approval was Acting Director Tsukishiro.

Whether it was fortunate or not, Kiyotaka had borne witness to Tsukishiro taking a tour around Keyaki Mall to approve of such a new building. At the time, Kiyotaka didn't care about that as the meeting between him and Tsukishiro ended up steering towards Kiyotaka's resignation from the school.

"Akiusha... If I remember, this is kind of a well known family restaurant in Miyagi prefecture."

"You know about it Kei?"

"Well, I've never been to it before. But I overheard my mother talking to one of her friends about it over the phone once. Apparently, one of the owners is a well known online content creator for audiences outside Japan."

"I see... Well let's go and try it out for ourselves now."

When Kei nodded, the two entered Akiusha and were immediately greeted with a sight neither had likely seen before. The usual smell of restaurant wooden flooring was replaced with a more outdoor smell, like being in a forest. Standard factory made chairs and tables were replaced with hand crafted oak wood furniture. There was greenery around as many places as possible and ornaments were placed around the walls, ceiling and counter.

Compared to Pallet Cafe, the Karaoke Bar, and one of the two other restaurants available on campus, Akiusha screamed vibes of a family restaurant in the rural countryside. That was exactly what this restaurant was aiming for.

Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School was always known as a heavily government funded and rich high school located directly around the centre of Tokyo. Because of that, shops, accommodation buildings and the inside of the school were made to replicate this message.

Family owned businesses were not like that and mostly tended to be around the rural and suburban areas of a city like Tokyo. Being such a restaurant business, Akiusha looked like it wouldn't fit in such an environment like this.

However, in this case, it was quite the opposite. It was different to many of the other stores in Keyaki Mall, and it didn't scream "expensive" and "rich", but it seemed to fit really well within Keyaki Mall. Kiyotaka silently thanked the content creator who owned this restaurant and, unfortunately, Tsukishiro for allowing this to be built on the campus.