Volume 2: Chapter 2 Intro

==========================================================

Intro

1 week later, Chabashira entered the classroom to begin homeroom again. Lessons were to continue as normal, however, starting tomorrow, Class B and other classes would begin their mandatory training sessions throughout the day. This was the news Chabashira brought to them.

With the sports festival due to start in just two weeks, it was important that the training began as early as possible. This was especially so since the events that Chabashira announced seemed to be very different to last year's sports festival, which was very much more like a normal school sports day.

Class B itself was still in a distrusting environment as not much had changed over the past week. Horikita, who had pledged that she would bring Kushida back no matter what, had still been unsuccessful with her endeavour. This did not do well to improve her image, but she still pledged she would get Kushida back before the sports festival, which in itself was going to be a difficult task.

However, despite this distrusting environment still being present and little changes, that did not mean there were not any changes at all. Rather, despite the little changes, the changes that did happen were indeed game changing for most of the class. One of these changes included Kei, Matsushita, Mori and Satou reuniting with Shinohara.

It took a couple of days, but Shinohara finally allowed the four of them to approach her and earnestly and honestly apologise for everything they said. Shinohara still hadn't forgiven them at the time, but she allowed a restart to become the great friends they once were. It seemed that Kiyotaka's words really helped her, and the evidence was that Shinohara would occasionally glance at him and give a small smile that indicated she was saying "thank you". Of course, Ike, who watched over the whole thing, earnestly thanked Kiyotaka too for helping her.

The second change was more important though. Last week, there were two empty seats in the classroom - Kushida's and Mei-Yu's. However, now only one seat was empty. Mei-Yu returned and sat down in her chair just before homeroom began. Of course, she gathered a lot of attention, and being the one who sat directly in front of her crush, Hirata, she unsurprisingly got his attention too.

However, it wasn't too bad as the two exchanged greetings, albeit awkwardly. Everyone appeared worried about this, but it seemed to be alright for now.

As homeroom ended and Chabashira left the room, she immediately got up and walked to the front of the class, gaining the attention of everyone.

"I'M SORRY!"

Unexpectedly to the class, Mei-Yu bowed her head and shouted an apology.

"I'm sorry for being selfish and skipping school for something a little stupid. I just felt so betrayed and so ridiculed that I just couldn't attend anymore. I forgot to realise the fact that everyone was pretty much the same as me and someone even more. I was just being too selfish. So, I apologise to everyone here! I'm sorry!"