Volume 2: Chapter 5 Part 6

==========================================================

Part 6

"Oi! Ayanokouji! Yagami! Get the hell back here!"

Nagumo, shouting as he pushed himself, tried to catch up with the two boys he was "fighting" against in this triathlon. They were all on the final running section of the triathlon, having just finished the swimming section not too long ago.

On the note of the swimming part, in Kiyotaka's mind, it was pretty uneventful. All the Commanders were good at swimming, but none of them excelled at it like Onodera, a swimming prodigy. That was in exception to the two obvious White Room students, Kiyotaka and Takuya, who unsurprisingly swam both elegantly and quickly, finishing the 8 laps pretty quickly.

That annoyed Nagumo. It took every ounce of his power to ensure he caught up to Kiyotaka and Takuya. Now that he had caught up, his breathing was slightly erratic as he ran with the two.

"Nagumo-senpai. Stay out of this. I told you already, you aren't a good enough opponent for Ayanokouji-senpai. He and I will be the ones to duke it out. You've had your chance."

Takuya was unsurprisingly bothered by Nagumo's persistence to continue the fight. From Kiyotaka's point of view, the amount of hatred Takuya had for Kiyotaka was quite high, which meant that anyone who got in the way would also be the target of that hatred. However, Takuya still spoke with Nagumo with a respectful tone. It probably took every drop of his White Room willpower to control his tone and speak with Nagumo.

"You had your chance in the archery and badminton events. So shut up and let me have my fight with Ayanokouji now! You listen to your Student Council President and boss, Yagami."

The same bickering that they had started in the cycling part of the triathlon returned, causing Kiyotaka to sigh since he was in the middle of it.

[However. Since Nagumo is here... This could play to my advantage.] He thought.

"Have you thought about my question from earlier a little more, President Nagumo?"

This caught his attention. Not only did Nagumo turn to glare at him, but Yagami also turned with raised eyebrows.

"Are you talking about the question about whether I was proud of what I've done at this school? Ayanokouji. If you want an answer then of course I'm proud of what I've done. But I don't like the way you asked that question. It's like you're looking down on me."

"That's because he is." Kiyotaka heard Takuya mumble but he ignored it.

"So you are mocking me. Damn you Ayanokouji! I'm slowly starting to see what Horikita-senpai saw in you, bit by bit. But that still doesn't mean you can just look down on someone like me!"

It seemed Nagumo heard Takuya's mumble and took it seriously. Kiyotaka cursed Takuya in his mind for causing this, but he decided to just go along with it anyway.