Volume 2: Chapter 4 Part 2

==========================================================

Part 2

After grabbing a bento box from one of the nearby lunch benches, Kiyotaka arrived at his class's tent. They appeared to be getting along, motivated to continue to do well and get some good rewards. Seeing Kei and the rest of the group, Kiyotaka approached them and began to mingle with them.

"Hoho. Your class seems to be doing okay, Suzune. But I expected you guys to be on top. You're losing out to Ryuuen and Honami at the moment, though the results seem quite close between all three of you."

Finishing the last remnants of his bento box, Kiyotaka heard the voice of someone not a part of the class's tent nearby talking to Horikita. Turning towards the uninvited guest, Kiyotaka and the girls around him could see it was none other than Nagumo Miyabi, the student council president.

His face was plastered with a smirking expression, as if he was finding enjoyment from just being at Class B's tent. The rest of the Class B's students watched the spectacle either with fear or interest.

"Nagumo-senpai. I appreciate you coming to visit us here, but if you're going to insult us, then you're no better than Ryuuen-kun. Is there something you have come here to do?" Horikita asked, getting straight to the chase.

"I'm just here to see my opponent for the Commander Battle. Where is he by the way? I'm looking for Ayanokouji."

Hearing his name, Kiyotaka could only sigh. He knew where this was going to go. Nagumo's nature and his presence in their class's tent meant only one thing. Knowing it would be best to not delay the inevitable, Kiyotaka left to join their conversation.

"You wanted to see me, President?"

"Hm? You are here, Ayanokouji. Haha. I hope you know why I'm here," Nagumo said, his amusement still present in his expression and tone.

"I have a general idea."

Nagumo only laughed at his answer. Kiyotaka wasn't sure why it was a laughable answer, but he waited for Nagumo to finish.

"Our match will be coming soon. I hope you keep your promise and make sure you throw an all out fight against me. Horikita-senpai was very specifically interested in you, no one else. I've been seeing a little bit of why that is, but I truly want to see the reason why. The Commander Battles will hopefully show why."

That caught the attention of not just Horikita, but everyone in Class B. The former already knew that her brother put a lot of his attention on Kiyotaka, because she understood first hand how powerful and interesting Kiyotaka was. However, most of Class B did not know about this. So their widened eyes was a given, and this didn't even include the fact that he was set to fight against Nagumo.

"I haven't broken a promise before, so I don't intend to break this one. But I hope that you keep yours if I do win. It would be bad if the Student Council President of this school was caught not keeping a promise made to his kouhai, right?"