Volume 2: Chapter 2 Part 2

==========================================================

Part 2

Tokyo Metropolitan High School did not only focus on Kiyotaka and Class B. There were many students in the other classes who had just as much of a great focus. One of those classes happened to be Ichinose's Class C.

"Ichinose. Can we talk?"

At the end of the school day, a violet haired and yellow eyed boy called out to Ichinose just as she was packing her belongings into her bag. Ichinose, having heard her name called out by one of her classmates, turned around with a smile.

"Kanzaki-kun. What is it?"

"...Can we talk privately? It's important..."

Seeing Kanzaki's serious expression, Ichinose knew where this was likely going. She immediately lost her usual outgoing and beautiful smile and sighed, turning to the others waiting for her by the door.

"Go on without me for now. I'll catch up later. Kanzaki-kun and I need to have an important talk," she said to them.

"Ehhhh! Please make sure you come after you're done Honami-chan!"

"We'll save you a seat, Ichinose-san!"

"Take care of Kanzaki-kun, Ichinose-san."

The group left, leaving only Ichinose and Kanzaki left in the classroom. Their homeroom teacher, Hoshinomiya Chie, had long left the classroom to head to the staffroom. Ichinose sighed and then turned to Kanzaki, who took a seat nearby her.

"...What is it, Kanzaki-kun?"

"...Ichinose, we're currently in a 2 way battle with Ryuuen's Class D. Horikita's Class B has overtaken us by over 150 class points now. We're in a position where one small wrong move and we'll be completely left behind. If we don't start taking this seriously, we'll never ascend to reach Class A."

Ichinose sat there with a serious expression, something which unnerved Kanzaki as this serious expression from her was different from the others she used to show. But he kept his cool and continued to explain his point of view.

"I will admit, you were right during the unanimous special exam. I didn't want to expel any of our classmates in that special exam. But if we don't really consider the situation, then we'll be left behind in the dust. It's very possible we'll drop to last place in the sports festival. We'll become the last drop of the beer bottle with no way to return."

"Kanzaki-kun. It is true that we are on the verge of rolling down to Class D. I can't deny that now that Horikita-san's class is now further ahead and Ryuuen-kun's class is pretty much neck and neck with us. Depending on what happens, we very might end up going all the way down to Class D. However, is that such a bad thing?"

"Huh?"

At Kanzaki's confused face, Ichinose gave a small smile.

"It is a good idea to stay as high up as possible. We managed to stay as Class B for an entire year. But even we need to face defeat at times and even we need to drop to a point where we are too low to be considered amazing. By doing that, it will motivate the rest of the class to do better and become stronger. Just like pouring water back into the bottle to become a whole bottle again."