𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"IF JACKSON DOESN'T KNOW what he's doing, then he probably doesn't know that someone's controlling him," Allison pointed out over the phone

"IF JACKSON DOESN'T KNOW what he's doing, then he probably doesn't know that someone's controlling him," Allison pointed out over the phone. April was in her bedroom on a call with her, Scott, and Stiles. The latter two were at the police station, getting a restraining order from Jackson.

The Whittemore had escaped after they had kidnapped him and locked him in the van for about 24 hours. He had then called his adopted father, who just happened to be a lawyer, and the pair was now in the sheriff's office, dealing with it.

Scott countered, "Or he doesn't remember."

"Maybe he knows while he's the Kanima," offered April, sitting up, her legs hanging over the side of the bed. "But then he forgets when he goes back to being Jackson."

"What if it's the same type of thing that happened with Lydia when she took off from the hospital?" Stiles asked. 

Allison nodded, even though none of them could see it, thinking back to when her friend had been running through the woods naked. "A fugue state?"

"He'd have to forget everything," the McCall boy said. Jackson would have to be in the state for the entire period before and after the murder until everything was back to normal. "The murder."

"Getting rid of the blood," added the Argent girl.

Stiles thought of the one weird thing at the same time as April. "But he had help with the one thing though, the video. Maybe someone else helped him forget that."

"Whoever's controlling him," Scott replied as he nodded in realization.

Something was still really off about the situation, and Allison sensed it too. "Are you sure Jackson has no clue about any of this?"

"He thinks he's still becoming a werewolf and that being with Lydia somehow delayed the whole thing," the sheriff's son explained. What kind of explanation was that?

April rolled her eyes. "He's not very smart, is he?"

"So do we try to convince him he's not?" questioned the hunter. If they could get Jackson to believe that he wasn't turning into a werewolf, then maybe he might believe that he was the Kanima. The only problem was that in a couple of minutes, two of them wouldn't be able to be within 50 feet of the boy.