𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

APRIL WAS ALL CRIED OUT by the time the knock on the door reached her ears

APRIL WAS ALL CRIED OUT by the time the knock on the door reached her ears. She was still in the exact spot that she was, staring at the phone a couple yards away from her and thinking about what it meant. Her aunt, her guardian, the only family that she had left had been taken to be used as a freaking human sacrifice by the sister of one of her friends. At least, she thought she and Elijah were friends.

It was clear that there was a struggle by the mess left in the house unless Jennifer just did that for fun. She could picture her aunt fighting for her life before she was taken, and she could not help but think that it was all her fault. She should not have left her alone at the house. She should have just come straight home. It could have happened any time from when she went over to Allison's house to when she came home. Was the woman not answering because of the storm or because she had been taken?

There was another knock, and the Sharpe girl processed that one, not even looking up as she called, "Come in! It's open."

"What's wrong? I came as soon as I could," Isaac stammered out as he entered the house. His voice held worry that soon turned to shock as he took in the state of the house. "Oh, my God. What happened? Are you okay?"

"She's gone," the blonde girl muttered, her eyes blank as she stared at whatever was in front of her. She was still kind of spaced out since she was never really looking at something and just thinking.

Isaac rushed over and crouched down in front of her, shaking her shoulders gently so that she snapped out of her trance that she was in. She was now looking him in the eye as he asked, "Who's gone? April, what happened?"

"Ashley's gone. I think she's one of the sacrifices like Melissa and Stiles's dad," she informed him, her breathing getting fast the more she thought about her aunt looking like that boy that was dead against the tree that she found.

"Come on," he said gently, grabbing her arms and pulling her to her feet. She helped a little bit but not much. He looked down when he smelt blood, and his eyes widened when he saw the crimson running all down her leg. Her knees and shins were all cut off. "You're bleeding."

She tried to break free from his grasp, but he held her firmly in place, preventing her from going anywhere or doing anything rash in her weakened state. She sighed, "I don't care. We have to find her."