𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

THE DOORBELL RANG AS ASHLEY AND APRIL were sitting on the couch in the living room, and Ashley jumped up to answer it excitedly

"What is up with you?" the blonde asked, rolling her eyes. Ever since she told her aunt about the project that she had to complete with the most aggravating person she had ever met, Ashley had been desperate to meet the boy. That was why she was so excited when her niece told her that he was coming over.

The woman shrugged, walking over to the door. "I just want to see who this really annoying kid is and give him a piece of my mind." 

"I'm sure that's what it is," April scoffed as Ashley reached the door. The doorbell rang once agin, and the blonde looked expectantly at her aunt. "Are you going to get the door?"

"Oh, someone's needy," Ashley mused with a smug smile.

Finally having enough, the Sharpe girl stood up and threw the magazine that she was reading onto the coffee table. "If you won't get it, I will."

"No, no, no. I got it," the strawberry blonde woman told her niece before reaching for the handle and swinging the door open. "Hi. You must be Isaac."

"Uh, yeah. I'm here to work with April on a project. I don't know if she told you. I didn't know she had a sister." He stumbled his way through the introduction and looked back at her nervously.

Giggling slightly at his anxious, the Sommers offered a warm smile. "You're too kind. I'm Ashley, her aunt." She looked down at the boy's hands, and her eyes widened with excitement as she saw what was in them. "Is that wine?"

"Yes. It's for you," he said, handing the bottle to her. Ashley took it eagerly and examined it as he explained. "My mom always used to bring a bottle whenever we went to someone's house."

"Well, your mom was a genius. Come on in. April's waiting for you." She opened the door more and stepped out of the way so that he could come in. She mouthed to the blonde, pointing at the bottle, 'Wine.'

He took a look around the kitchen and living room before his eyes met the blonde's. "Hey."

"Hey," she greeted back. The three of them stood there awkwardly for a moment, Ashley still grinning at her wine, before April gestured for him to follow her. "Let's go upstairs."