𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

APRIL WAS WORKING ON HER HOMEWORK ON THE FLOOR of Isaac's hospital room

APRIL WAS WORKING ON HER HOMEWORK ON THE FLOOR of Isaac's hospital room. There were papers and books everywhere, coating her entire half of the room. She had so much work to catch up on, and so little time to do it. She looked up when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" she yelled to whoever it was since she was too lazy to get up and open the door. The door opened, and she flew to her feet when she saw who it was. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Elijah. He was standing there with a smile as if nothing had ever happened, flowers in his hands like he was just an old friend coming to see how Isaac was doing. "I came to pay my respects."

"He's asleep. Not dead, you asshole," she snapped back. Why was he there? Why the hell did he think that it was okay to just stroll in there like it was the most normal thing in the world? What gave him the right to be there?

He shrugged and placed the flowers down on the table at the foot of the hospital bed. "I heard that's not for long."

"Get the hell out," she ordered, pointing to the door. He was the last thing she needed to see right now,especially in her space with Isaac.

"Woah, aggressive," he responded, holding his hands up, but instead of exiting, he kicked the door closed so that no one could hear her yelling at him. He did not need any nurses running in and kicking him out. "I just came by to see how my friend was doing."

She scoffed and stepped over some of the papers as she walked over to him. If she ended up beating him up, she did not want any of her homework to get ruined with it. "He is not your friend, and I am especially not your friend. No one wants you here."

"That's not very nice considering I brought flowers," he scolded playfully, gesturing to the roses that he had brought in.

"I don't care," she replied bitterly before grabbing his flowers and throwing them back at him. He unfortunately caught them before they hit his face. She was hoping that the thorns would cut it up. "Get out."

He dropped them on the ground instead of putting them back on the table because it was clear that she would probably throw them away or burn them as soon as he left. "I don't know what you're so mad about—"