𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

APRIL WAS RIDING IN THE CAR WITH THE SHERIFF AND ALLISON

APRIL WAS RIDING IN THE CAR WITH THE SHERIFF AND ALLISON. As usual, she was in the back of the car while the other two sat in the front. There was an awkward silence because all of them were thinking about their own problems. Finally, the man spoke up, glancing in the mirror at the blonde girl. "How's Isaac doing?"

"Good. Well, more of the same. I'm on a timeout from seeing him, though," she informed him before turning to glare at Allison who was sitting in the passenger's seat.

"You're not on a timeout," the Argent girl sighed, turning around to face her friend with a pointed look. "I just thought you could use some time away from the hospital after what happened this morning."

After she almost stabbed the scalpel into Elijah's tiny brain that morning, Allison had realized that her friend might have been spending too much time cooped up in that hospital room. She had not slept on an actual bed in forever, and the chairs at the hospital were some of the least comfortable in the world. Pointing out where they were going, the Sharpe girl rolled her eyes and responded, "What a great way to do that — bringing me to the hospital."

"What happened this morning?" Stilinski quizzed curiously because they had yet to mention exactly what had gone down.

Allison answered before the blonde could, and she did not put it as delicately as April would have. "Elijah showed up, and she almost murdered him."

"Could you maybe phrase it better in front of the sheriff? I did not almost murder him," the other girl asked her. She knew that Stiles' dad was not going to arrest her or anything, but they still should not be throwing words like 'murder' around in front of an officer of the law.

"You showed more self control than I would have," he informed her, causing her to smile at him gratefully. After a small pause, he exhaled and looked her in the eye. "You know I'm working on that, right? It's just really hard to prove without explaining the whole supernatural thing and sounding crazy."

She nodded in reply. "I know. I just hate having to see him."

"You know what? I don't know how you guys do it. You're all so strong. You're fearless. Hell, you even manage to keep your grades up," the sheriff ranted to them as the three of them stood in the elevator of the hospital.