𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

"HEY, YOU OKAY?" STILES ASKED IN THE CAR, GLANCING OVER AT SCOTT who seemed lost in his own thoughts

"HEY, YOU OKAY?" STILES ASKED IN THE CAR, GLANCING OVER AT SCOTT who seemed lost in his own thoughts. Isaac and April were sitting in the back seat, as per usual, but this time, the Lahey's boy hand was wrapped around hers, squeezing firmly but gently. The hands were in her lap, and their shoulders were touching because of how close they were.

Scott nodded quickly. "Yeah. Yeah, you don't have to worry about me."

"All right, I'm gonna say it," the blonde boy announced, leaning forward a bit but not releasing his hold on the girl's hand. "You look like you're dying. You're pale, thin, and you look like you're getting worse. And we're all sitting here thinking it. When we find the other you, is he gonna look like he's getting better?"

"What happens if he gets hurt?" April asked worriedly. She wondered if it would be something like if Void Stiles got hurt, then the same thing would happen to their friend. She also wondered if it would happen physically — like if Void got stabbed, would Stiles have a hole in his body — or if he would just feel the pain that the Nogitsune felt.

"What do you mean, like if he dies, do I die?" the Stilinski boy asked, glancing at her in the mirror and seeing her nod. "I don't care — just so long as no one else dies because of me. I remember everything I did, Scott. I remember pushing that sword into you. I remember twisting it."

The McCall boy sighed, making sure that his friend knew that he did not blame him for that. "It wasn't you."

"Yeah, but I remember it. You guys gotta promise me — you can't let anyone else get hurt because of me." His voice was pleading, begging for his friends to understand and to honor his wishes, begging them to kill him if the need arose. They knew that they would never be able to do it, though.

"We've done this before, guys," Scott told the group as they stood outside of Camp Oak Creek where Lydia was. Allison and Kira had also met up with them, and now the True Alpha was giving them a pep talk. "A couple of weeks ago, we were standing around, just like this, and we saved Malia. Remember? That was a total stranger — this is Lydia."

Allison nodded. "I'm here to save my best friend."

"I came to save mine," Scott added, referring to Stiles instead of Lydia, and April was a little worried because neither of them seemed too focused on saving both of them.