𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

"SO, SINCE WHEN ARE YOU THE MANAGER of the cross country team?" Stiles asked April curiously

"SO, SINCE WHEN ARE YOU THE MANAGER of the cross country team?" Stiles asked April curiously. Usually, she wanted to stay as far away from running as she possibly could.

"Well, I figured you dumbasses shouldn't be alone after...you know," she sighed, glancing over to Scott cautiously to see what his reaction was. His did not seem to be paying attention, though, his mind lost somewhere else. Everyone was distracted. She turned back to Stiles. "Plus, I love watching people run when I don't have to. It's great entertainment."

The Stilinski chuckled a bit before turning to his friend next to him. April was leaning over the seat in front of them as he waved his hand in front of the werewolf's eyes. "Yo, Scotty! Hey, yo! Scotty? Still with me?"

"Yeah, sorry. Uh, what's the word?" the boy questioned, snapping out of his trance. His two best friends were helping him study for the P.S.A.T.s by giving him vocabulary words words.

Stiles told him, "Anachronism."

"Something that exists out of its normal time," Scott answered confidently. He had been studying all summer to get his grades better this year, and it was really paying off. April sighed because she had never really been that great at language. She wanted to be a doctor, so it was not really needed too much. However, it was needed if she wanted to pass. 

The sheriff's son nodded with a smile. "Nice! Okay, next word — 'incongruous.'"

"Uh, can you use it in a sentence?" the McCall boy quizzed with raised eyebrows, looking to him confusion.

The Stilinski thought for a second before replying, "Yes. Yes, I can! It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now, on our way to some stupid cross country meet after what just happened. Incongruous."

"Out of place, ridiculous, absurd," Scott responded with a small smile at the sentence.

"Perfect. Okay, next word. Um...Darach. Darach, it's a noun," the other boy said, and that caused both of his friends to glare at him. He groaned, "We have to talk about it sometime, okay? And we're gonna be stuck in this thing for, like, five hours, so why not?" Scott just leaned back against the window. "Next word — intransigent."