𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

THEY WOKE UP IN THE MINDSCAPE

April gasped for air when she came out of the water, and she looked around to see that they were in an all white room. The only thing that was out of place was them and the huge stump of a tree about ten yards away from them.

Glancing to each other without a word, the three best friends climbed out of their respective tubs and slowly walked toward the stump, looking at it in confusion. April was the first to reach down and touch it, and when she did, it was like she was transported back in time.

It was less than a year ago when Stiles and Scott basically broke into her house and dragged her to go with them to find a body. Well, half a body at least. They went into the woods at night, which was an absolutely horribly stupid idea. She heard someone coming, and she remembered the moment like it was yesterday.

Stiles had just gotten caught by his father, and she and Scott were about to head back home when something started chasing them. Past April yelled to her best friend, "Oh, my God! Why do you two idiots drag me into everything?"

"This is not my fault. It was Stiles's idea," the younger version of the McCall boy shouted back. Then, all of a sudden, the two bolted past the present April, and she watched them with a small smile. 

Her head turned, following them as they sprinted through the trees, and then, when she saw something in the corner of her eye, she kept turning. Her eyes widened when she saw what it was.

It was a huge tree, just like the one they saw in the white room, and it was right next to her. The Nemeton. That was where the guardians were being kept. They could find them and save them now.

After a couple of seconds of staring at it, she jerked awake. 

She was out of the tub in a millisecond, and Isaac was waiting behind her, ready to wrap the towel around her. She accepted it grateful and pulled it as tight as she could. She had never been that cold in her entire life, but she had to voice what she just saw before she forgot. She looked up to see that Scott and Stiles were already up. "I saw it. It was the night that you two idiots dragged me out into the woods to find Derek's sister's body."