𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

"OBVIOUSLY, IT'S NOT GOING TO be particularly

"OBVIOUSLY, IT'S NOT GOING TO be particularly...comfortable," Deaton informed Isaac. "But, if we can slow your heart rate down enough, you'll slip into a trance-like state."

Scott, Stiles, and Derek were currently pouring a ton of bags of ice into a tub in the middle of the animal clinic. Apparently, it was some sort of science supernatural way to jog Isaac's memory about what he remembered when he found Boyd and Erica. Someone had erased his memory it seems.

April was leaning against the wall next to Isaac, listening to the veterinarian talk. Every once in a while, the two would share awkward looks since they still hadn't talked.

The Lahey boy nodded slowly as they began to walk toward the tub. "Like being hypnotized.

"Exactly. You'll be half-transformed. It'll let us access your subconscious mind," the man explained to him, and the younger boy crouched down in front of the water and ice and stared down at it. 

Scott questioned curiously, wondering just how dangerous this was going to be for Isaac, "How slow does his heart rate need to be?"

"Very slow," Deaton answered. 

Derek stepped into the conversation and leaned against the tub, a little concerned for his beta's safety because the doctor was making this sound really dangerous. "Okay, well, how slow is very slow?"

"Nearly dead," he replied almost immediately, shrugging it off like it was nothing.

"Mostly dead, not dead dead," April commented, and all of the males in the room except for Scott stared at her in confusion since he knew what she was referencing. He just sent her a look. "Come on, The Princess Bride? You guys are so uncultured."

Isaac sent her a small smile, thankful that she at least tried to lighten the mood. He winced when he dipped his hand in the water before he looked up at Deaton. "It's safe, though, right?"

"Do you want me to answer honestly?" the veterinarian quizzed.

"No." He shook his head, staring back down at the water. "No, not really." All of a sudden, a rubber glove snapped, causing all of them the whip their heads around to see Stiles dramatically pulling the glove over his hand.