𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

"WHERE IS SHE?" April questioned, looking around at the rest of the adults as they stood up, free of their binds that kept them on the ground

"WHERE IS SHE?" April questioned, looking around at the rest of the adults as they stood up, free of their binds that kept them on the ground. They all looked to each other, and she knew something was wrong. "I know you know something, so just spit it out."

All of a sudden, the ground above them began to crumble. Dust was falling onto their heads, but then it got worse. The stairs that led down there were cracking, and some of the support beams were not looking so supportive. Stilinski yelled, "Let's get out of here. Now!"

It was too late. The steps folded in half, blocking them from getting out of there. The support beams stopped swaying for a moment, and everything was silent as the dirt particles spread throughout the air. 

"Well, now that we can't leave, can someone please tell me where the hell my aunt is?" the Sharpe girl questioned, turning around to face everyone.

"April..." Melissa muttered gently, taking a couple steps toward the girl and looking at her like she was some kicked puppy. She sighed, "She was down here with us, but then some boy came down and injected us all with something that knocked us out. By the time we woke up, she was gone."

The blonde furrowed her eyes in confusion and concern. Jennifer had never mentioned or ever been with a boy, so who was she talking about? "Boy? What boy?"

"Me," came a voice from above them, and all of the heads whipped up to look through the hole where the stairs fell through the soil. All of the teenagers gasped at who they saw while the adults were confused and scared. 

It was Elijah, and Ashley was in his arms. He was holding a knife to her throat.

April's heart dropped as she gaped up at the boy. All thoughts left her mouth at the sight of her aunt squirming in his arms. That was when she realized that he had been working with his sister that whole time. "Elijah?"

"Hey, April," he greeted with a smile as if nothing out of the ordinary was happening at that moment. That somehow made the betrayal so much worse.

"What are you doing?" she asked, gazing up at him with hurt in her eyes. A million thoughts were going through her head all at once, yet her mind seemed completely blank. All she could sputter out was, "Let her go!"