𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

AS APRIL STIRRED AWAKE THE NEXT MORNING, she expected there to be a body next to her

AS APRIL STIRRED AWAKE THE NEXT MORNING, she expected there to be a body next to her. She furrowed her eyebrows when she realized that her arm was outstretched to an empty half of the bed. She sat up in the bed, only covered by Isaac's sweatshirt that she had slipped on in the middle of the night. She saw something moving and wiped her eyes in an attempt to wake herself up.

"There you are," she called to the boy, who was standing by her dresser. He was examining some of the weapons on the dresser, and she realized that he must have found them in the spots where Chris had hidden them around the room just in case she might need them. "What are you doing over there?"

"There's still a lot of weapons here. I thought the Argents' new Code was about protecting," he observed, running his finger along one of the blades. There was something off about him, cold almost, and it was starting to worry her.

She shrugged, remembering what the Argent man had told her. "Most of them are non-lethal." He had just given them to her in case she needed to protect herself and they were not around. There was nothing too crazy.

"This still looks pretty lethal to me," he pointed out, holding up one of the ring daggers. His voice was very dark and monotone, and it was really starting to freak her out. "But maybe you should keep them. There's still a few of us out there who aren't quite so non-lethal...like the twins..."

"I thought we were going to give them a second chance," the blonde girl said. They had helped them a lot in the last couple of weeks with the Nogitsune and the Oni and everything. They had gone through a lot to make sure that the whole pack was protected and safe. She was starting to trust them again.

He sighed, "They don't deserve it."

"Look, I know that you're still upset about Boyd," the Sharpe girl told him, leaning her head back against the headboard as she watched him. "Things are different now. It doesn't have to be like that anymore."

"I had a feeling you'd say something like that," he breathed out, and then he just walked straight out of the room. He seemed mad about something, and he definitely was not himself, making her very very anxious about the previous night. After their kiss in the rain, she had invited Isaac upstairs, and, well...