Collapsing after arriving home from the hospital

Cw: mentions of emeto

"Ohmygodohmygodohmygod ok ok ok uhhhm" Caretaker rambled to themselves out loud as they carefully straightened Whumpee's fragile body out on the pavement and placed them on their side. They tucked their backpack under Whumpee's head and dabbed at the blood trickling down Whumpee's temple with one hand while dialing 911 with the other. Caretaker could handle a lot, but this was getting out of hand.

Whumpee awoke to the sound of a siren coming towards them and they shot up, well, haggardly propped themselves up. They wiped some dribble from their chin and scrunched their face at the combination of pain and the taste of acid in their mouth. Did they throw up?

They did not like hospitals, not since they escaped Whumper's lab. It was so sterile and smelled like cleaning chemicals, they were held captive for days in a fluorescently lit room where Whumper injected them with universe-knows-what making them get so, so sick.

Since then, Whumpee has had about enough of scrubs and gowns and shots and manhandling and being told what to do and to hold still. They knew it wasn't necessarily the nurses faults that Whumpee was so triggered, but they could have been a bit gentler with Whumpee after such an ordeal, they felt.

"No no, Whumpee, just lay back down. Help is almost here." Caretaker knew this wasn't going to go over well with Whumpee, but what choice did they have? Whumpee's eyes welled with tears. "Bu-Bu-But we j-just got home." One tear slipped out. Then another. "I know bud, but we have to make sure you didn't damage your brain after that fall. You were out for a little while and you just spit up a bit. That's not good. I promise though, as soon as we get the OK from the doctors, we'll come home again and I'll make you something good for dinner and we'll do something fun. For now, we have to go back."

Two paramedics hopped out of the ambulance that halted abruptly in front of them and ran over to Whumpee and Caretaker. Whumpee sighed. 'Here we go again,' they thought as suddenly they were crowded.