"Hold still"

Cw: mention of violence and medical assistance

"Hold still."

"And if I don't?"

"You'll regret asking for my help. So hold still."

Caretaker wasn't the gentlest and one should never expect them to coddle but they did a thorough job. And they were the first to pick up when Whumpee got jumped while walking home in the middle of the night.

"-OW!"

"What did I tell you? Ugh. This is a deep cut, you're going to need stitches. You really did it this time, pal."

Caretaker dutifully drove Whumpee to the hospital and waited for them to come out of surgery and talk to the police. Once released back to Caretaker, Whumpee was exhausted, falling asleep in the car.

"If you fall asleep here, you're sleeping here, got me?" Whumpee tried to respond but managed to flutter their eyes before falling into a deep, deserved slumber.

Arriving back at Caretaker's house, Caretaker sighed as they carried Whumpee inside and tucked them into the guest bed.

This went against everything they were known for, but after the night Whumpee had, they did feel bad. Plus, it was hard to follow through on their jaded threat when Whumpee had brought so much vibrancy back into their life.

Waking up in bed, Whumpee was confused. They were expecting to still be in the car as this wasn't their first offense in falling asleep in Caretaker's car.

They came downstairs cradling their wrapped arm to see Caretaker eating cereal. Looking at them confused, they received no answer other than "there's cereal in the cabinet." Caretaker would rather die than emote their gratitude and softer side.