Love Potion

Cw: cursing

"Before I can sell you this, are you certain that the other isn't in love with you?"

"Definitely not...... but on the topic of interest, why is that important?"

"Well my young friend, if you give them this potion, it'll have the opposite effect, permanently."

Villain's mouth dropped open for a second. Was it even possible for Hero to be in love with them? No! Absolutely not. Hero hated them for sure! The way they always bickered and Hero was always in Villain's business, even when they weren't getting into trouble. Villain didn't mind it but Hero definitely didn't love Villain. Especially not after Villain trashed Hero's base last week.

"No. They couldn't love someone like me without a little help from you, Sam."

"Alright.. well, be careful with this ok? It's powerful stuff." Sam croaked out. "There's no going back."

"Yeah yeah I got it, sadness and dreariness if I fail. Thanks Sam!" Villain left Solution Sam the Potion Man's storefront and hummed a merry tune as they skipped back to their lair. Finally! They'd get a little love back from Hero.

Villain was as loving as they could be to them but Hero didn't seem to get the message. The Mayor was rude to Hero in front of a town meeting, so Villain filled her car with bees. The grocery store manager lit into Hero for only apprehending the thief instead of roughing him up, so Villain filled his car with bees as well. Villain had a lot of bees at their disposal at this time. They should've known better than to get the bulk hive off of the Midnight Market. Then of course, the Police Chief made comments about Hero on the news saying Hero was "getting in the way of his boys in blue" and to "let them do their jobs" so Villain burned down the precinct. And thennn there was last week. Villain wanted to do something nice for Hero so they snuck into Hero's base to look for some pictures of Hero that Villain could make a collage of. The problem was that they couldn't find any so they tore the place apart looking high and low for anything they could get their hands on. Unfortunately, they were interrupted by Sidekick getting home early. That dummy was always getting hurt and being sent home before missions were over. Villain was going to clean up the place, they swear! But nooooo it was all "what are you doing here!" And "get the hell out!" And not "oh I know where the scrapbooks are" and "let me help. Do you want help?" So clearly Hero hated Villain's guts at this point.

Two days later, Hero was out making their rounds as usual. At any second, they would be flying through the abandoned factory where Villain would make their move.

Usually, there were homeless dogs that lived in the factory that Hero looked after and brought food to but Villain shooed them all out for the day and waited. Not too long after, Hero showed up with clean towels, food, and toys. They landed, looking around confused. Where were the dogs? Villain made their move, throwing a homemade gas can full of sleeping gas. Hero tried to get away but the gas was too powerful for someone so underprepared. They stumbled around and before falling, two strong arms attached to someone familiar in a gas mask gently guided them to the ground before tying them up.

Hero awoke in a cold sweat. They remembered the factory. They remembered the gas can. They couldn't move. Where were they- oh wait. This is Villain's lair. Never mind. As Hero finished this thought process, Villain walked out of the shadows, rolling a tray over with them.

"Villain? Why am I here? Where did the dogs go? They rely on me you know-" "Are you serious? You're more concerned with the dogs right now then what's going on here? Ugh! I knew I needed this. Open up!"

Villain pinched Hero's jaws, forcing their mouth open before pouring the too-sweet, magenta liquid down Hero's throat. "Blech!" Hero sputtered, "what WAS that! What did you give me?!"

"Oh, nothing, just a little love potion from Solution Sam." Villain grinned. Hero's face drained of color. "Please tell me you're joking. You know that has the opposite effect on people who already love you, right?"

"Well yes of course I knew thaaa- fuck are you kidding me? You, you, love me? I thought you HATED me!" Villain's eyes filled with tears knowing what was coming next. They only had a few moments left with their true love before their love was gone forever.

"Villain! Of course I love you! Why did you think I was always keeping you out of trouble as much as possible?! Why did you think I didn't let the police touch you unless it was serious?! Why did you, why did you.. WHY?!" Hero let out a sob. "I tried my best, Villain!"

"Oh Hero, I love you too!" Villain sobbed "that's why I filled all those cars with bees and burned down the precinct and I was just trying to make a collage for you and it all got away from me I'm SO so sorry Hero I mean it I'm SO sorry." Villain sobbed into Hero's chest as they laid over the table. They only had a few seconds left. At least, that's what the bottle said. Villain closed their eyes and inhaled deeply, enjoying the scent of their beloved and listening to their heart beat slow down from a panic to an annoyance as the love for Villain slowly left their body.

"Villain," Hero's voice was cold and unloving. "I'm going to count to five. If you don't let me up, I will break out of here and you will not like what happens next. And please stop smelling me."

Villain sniffled and felt around for the table remote. "Yeah." *sniff* "no problem. Sorry for bothering you on your rounds today."

"Don't let it happen again."

"No problem. I-It won't."