Good Samaritan

Cw: mentions of alcohol consumption and drunkenness, blood mentions, implied kidnapping/abuse

Whumpee tried to treat themselves to a drink. Just a drink. One. That's all Whumpee wanted. They sat quietly in a corner as they sipped their beverage. Making a grand entrance, a boisterous group took over the area quickly. Whumpee was overwhelmed by noise and tried to hunker down in their booth. It was no use. The group began going around to each person and harassing them until they left. Whumpee was approached by two large group members who smelled of alcohol and cheap cologne who immediately grabbed Whumpee under each arm and lifted. As they contested their removal, Whumpee was thrown through a window and slid down the pavement.

Groaning, they tried to pick the glass out of their hair and face as the warmth of blood trickled onto their shirt. A shadow emerged and covered Whumpee as they braced for impact. It didn't come. Instead, a hand reached out and the dark figure asked "I saw what happened, are you ok? That was a rough one."

Reluctantly taking the hand, Whumpee was helped up. "Not to be rude, but you look pretty bad. Can I help you to my place? I only live a block away." They were already walking Whumpee in the opposite direction of where they needed to go to get home, but they seemed genuine. Whumpee started to protest but they were shushed with "oh no worries I'll get you home once you're cleaned up," "don't want it getting infected, etc..."

Once inside, Whumpee was led to the bathroom where they were immediately told to sit and wait. Something about "I have Advil in the upstairs bathroom" but Whumpee was more focused on the bloody tissues in the trashcan than anything. Why so many? Wh- their thought was interrupted will pills being shoved in their mouth. Their body swallowed the pills before their brain could catch up and they looked up angrily and alarmed. "Hey, don't look at me like that, you gotta stay ahead of the pain-"

"You need to back up. Right now." Good Samaritan looked surprised and backed up. "This is weird." Laughing, Good Samaritan tried to pull some glass out of Whumpee's hair but their hand was swatted away. "I'm serious. I don't know you, there are bloody tissues filling the trashcan here and you just shoved pills in my mouth. I'm leaving." As they stood up, they were pushed back down as Good Samaritan intervened. "Stop. I'm just trying to help you. My roommate cut their hand while cooking last night which is why there are bloody tissues down here and I haven't cleaned them up yet since my house seems to be a walk-in clinic. And like I said, you have to stay ahead of the pain. I didn't realize you were so concerned, it was just Advil. Honest." "I don't even know your name though. Why would you help me?"

"Because no one was there to help me when I needed it. My name is Good Samaritan, and I just want to help you."