Teddy bear

Whumpee was tough as nails. Nothing seemed to break them. Even Whumper was getting exasperated until they had the bright idea to send Henchperson to Whumpee's house to see if they could find anything of value.

"Family pictures? No, replaceable. Jewelry? Not much to choose from and Whumpee doesn't seem materialistic by the looks of their living situation..."

They were about to leave when they saw a ratty old teddy bear tucked under the pillow slightly. Oh. This will do just fine. They thought with an awful grin.

Whumpee's eyes were lit with fire when Whumper walked into the room. "Ready for another go? I thought maybe you were done since nothing you do ever works."

Normally, this would have deflated Whumper because Whumpee was right. Nothing they did ever worked against Whumpee. Today would be different.

"Ignoring that, let's get started, shall we? Henchperson? I believe you have something to share today. Yes?"

Henchperson made their grand entrance holding the old teddy bear by an ear. A large pair of scissors in the other hand gleams menacingly. Whumpee sees this and the fire extinguishes so quickly inside of them that they lose their balance, rattling the chains holding them back.

"Oh does this make you uncomfortable? You look so cute like that. Get ready kid cause you're about to be gorgeous." And with that quip, Whumper took the scissors and snipped an arm off. "NO!" "No? I think yes." Another limb snipped off, this time a leg. "Please, please anything but that, you don't know what the bear means to me!"

"Isn't that sweet. Well my dear, unfortunately, this is what I want." Limb by limb, the bear was dropped into a bowl of lighter fluid provided by Henchperson.

Whumper held up the bear's head, "say goodbye" they smiled, before lighting the nose on fire and dropping it into the bowl, causing it all to go up in flames. Whumpee screamed so hard they lost their balance and fell forward, the chains catching their fall, leaving them drooped to the floor as much as they could without dislocating their shoulders.

Whumpee couldn't catch their breath, they were crying too hard. Whumper crouched down and brushed a curl away from their face. "We have just made a breakthrough. Spectacular work, Henchperson, truly. As for you, my dear," Whumper turned their attention to Whumpee, " I'll see you tomorrow. Sleep tight." Whumper placed a light kiss to Whumpee's temple and then shut the lights, leaving the room to be lit with the smoldering bear that once gave Whumpee so much comfort.

Whumpee was broken.