Choking

Cw: choking on food

It was their first night at Caretaker's and Whumpee was so hungry. This was the first meal they'd had in weeks. The steam curled up in the air in front of Whumpee's nose, taunting them.

Caretaker had to kick Whumpee out of the kitchen on the crimes of eating supplies before they could be cooked into the delicious meal that sat before Whumpee on the table.

"Dig in!" Caretaker smiled as they tucked in. Whumpee practically inhaled the meal. It was delicious. No food had ever tasted better.

Taking a bite that was much too large, Whumpee sat up when they accidentally inhaled at the same time. Eyes wide, they realized they couldn't get air in or out.

Beginning to panic, Whumpee started patting their chest. This gained Caretaker's attention.

"Whumpee?" Whumpee began to turn red.

"Oh my gods!" Leaping into action, Caretaker grabbed Whumpee from behind and began to give the heimlich. After a few thrusts, a wad of chicken fell out of Whumpee's mouth and air flooded Whumpee's lungs.

Tears streamed down both of their faces as Caretaker helped Whumpee sit down.

Trying to brush the chicken off Whumpee's shirt, Caretaker chuckled uncomfortably. "Well, well, well. I guess I'll have to take that as a compliment to my cooking!"

Stone faced, Whumpee finished their supper and went to bed. All they could think about was how scared they were - that choking on dinner was going to be their last moment with Caretaker, how scared they felt as they thought it was the end. The feeling of realization when they couldn't get air in or out.

Under the disguise of darkness, Whumpee allowed their true emotions to flow out. They cried and cried, thinking about how they thought they would be dead. How scary that was for them. And how scary it was for Caretaker.