Chapter Ten: Thrown the Punch

Charles' PoV:

You proceed to look back and forth between them – She's still glaring at the wall, while he seems helpless. A few more seconds pass and nothing changes; You break the silence.

Charles: Will you guys fill me in on what's happening right here, or do I have to do the math myself?

Y/n's face slowly turns your way, giving you a stressed expression – She wants to come clean, you see it in her eyes; She could never hold on to these sorts of upsetting things for very long, eventually they would pour over the rim, and she would tell you. 

y/n quietly: I don't want him near me.

Pierre's brows tensen, he directly turns your way, and opens his mouth, but you're faster than he is. You jump up and dart his way.

Charles yelling: What did you do to her? Huh?

y/n's PoV:

Charles latches onto Pierre's collar and repeats his question a second time; Well this escalated. Pierre pleads, saying he didn't touch you or do anything anything, and in the wave of shock, you just stand there, before managing to get to your senses.

y/n yells: Charles! Goddamn, stop it! Please!

He lets go of his best friend – The anger is written all over his face – Now he's stumbling over to you, making sure you're okay.

Charles whispers: What did he do?

You can't wrap your head around what he's thinking, more like what he believes Pierre is capable of, so you quickly continue. Pierre's panicking. 

y/n: He didn't touch me or anything, Char... Slow down. 

Charles breathlessly: He didn't?

y/n whispers: No... He didn't.

He looks over his shoulder, glancing at Pierre, in what you assume is supposed to be a non-verbal apology. Then he turns back to you; The tension is high and you practically feel your brother's elevated pulse. 

Charles concerned: Why don't you want him around then?

You look away for a second, trying to organise your thoughts, and how you can protect Pierre and yourself from Char's No-Friends rule. 

Pierre: Mate... I– She– 

Charles whips around and tells him to wait his turn – The air is heavily charged.

y/n: I just saw a nasty text on his phone... 

Charles: A text? All of this over a text?

y/n: It's not that deep Char, I just don't feel comfortable having him around.

His mind is working on overdrive: Oh he's not done yet. 

Charles questioning: And how exactly did you see this... 'text'?

Pierre's PoV:

His back is turned towards you, she's uneasy and you're still recovering from your best friend trying to slap the shit out of you, cause he thought you laid your hands on his little sister... Which, technically you did... But y/n clearly has no intent on telling him about any of that. You inhale sharply and come to her rescue, since she's still quiet.