Chapter Thirty-Three: Balcony Doors And Conditioner

y/n's PoV:

You walk out of the airport - Slightly loopy and tired from the hectic atmosphere, and the loud flight. Kim and Georgia lead the way towards the shuttle-buses that were organised by Ferrari to take you to the hotel you'll be staying at.

It's a twenty minute drive - When you arrive, you immediately check in and head up to your room. Kim is staying on the same floor as you; You don't understand how she's in such a chipper mood after a long flight.

Kim: It should be on the left side now...

You nod, as you glance at the room numbers on either side of the hallway; She's right.

Kim: I heard that Mercedes' team is also staying in this hotel...

To be honest you're cranky and you wouldn't know what to do with that piece of information anyways, so you decide on giving her a short, affirmative answer.

y/n: Oh cool...

Kim: Yeah, you know, I once had a friend who worked at Mercedes... She quit though after her best friend and her boyfriend got together. They were also working there I think...

You stare at her for a moment - You can't help but laugh. Sometimes Kim blurts out these random things, and you have to smile, because of the way she says it.

y/n laughs: Well that sucks...

Kim: Yeah, I thought so too. But if my boyfriend was balls-deep in my best friend, I'd quit too.

You start laughing again. She smiles, as you reach your rooms. Clumsily she slides her suitcase over the crappy carpet, attempting to get it closer to her room's door. The two of you beep open your doors, and you say your goodbyes.

y/n: See you later!

Kim: Yup! Bye...

When the door closes behind you, and you're surrounded by silence you can finally wind down. The room is bigger than the last one - Sometimes you don't even know what to do with all the space, but it's certainly better than being crammed into a tiny box - You take a shower, get changed and you try opening your balcony door, but it doesn't budge. No fresh air for you then...

After two or three attempts, you accept that the door is broken, and you sit down on the bed. The cream coloured sheets are soft to the touch; You stroke your hand back and forth over the fabric, as you dial Pierre's number.

He picks up after two rings:

Pierre: Hey - Did you get to your hotel?

y/n smiles: Uh-huh... I arrived half an hour ago.

Pierre: How's your room then?

y/n: Good... The sheet's are really soft...

Pierre chuckles: Let me guess, I should come over and take a look at them...

y/n grins: Maybe... I think you'd like them...

Pierre: I'm sure I would-