Chapter Forty-Nine: The Moves

Y/n's PoV:

A few eyes are on you when you return, but you don't care. The two of you sit down again. Max gives you an apologetic smile. Your mind keeps returning to the fact that Pierre said he loves you and that he never wanted anyone else.

Guess that makes the whole blonde-girl-type thing fall away - You've got enough to discuss as is, so you won't bring this up anymore. If he said that, when he didn't know you were listening, and he said it so truthfully to someone he trusts, like Max, why should you doubt him or his love for you?

During dinner you focus on your food, and listen to Charles', Effie's and George's conversation about travelling. When you finish, and the waiters clear the table, Lando leans towards you.

Lando softly: Are you gonna get some desert?

You feel Max', Pierre's and Charles' eyes on you - You want tonight to be over.

y/n chuckles: I think I'm done for tonight - Maybe a coffee though...

Lando smirks: How much coffee do you actually drink? Seems like a lot...

y/n: It is a lot...

You laugh.

y/n: Truthfully I have a bit of a coffee addiction... Do you drink coffee?

Lando smiles: No, I don't like the taste of it...

y/n chuckles: Impossible.

Lando shakes his head: No, I mean it, it's too bitter...

y/n smirks: Then add sugar...

Lando teasingly: But sugar is bad for you...

y/n: And coffee is great for you- So that solves the problem!

Lando: It has too much caffeine though, which in turn is terrible for you-

Laura and Max start laughing, as they start paying attention to the two of you.

y/n: Caffeine is lovely - It makes you hyper and you get everything done, that's why I love my coffee and my Red Bulls!

Max laughs: Good choice in energy drinks!

Laura nudges him. You continue the back and forth for a little longer, until the waiter comes to take the desert orders. Only Lando, Charles and Carlos order something sweet, while you and some others get a coffee.

Lando quietly: So...

You glance at him.

Lando: I was wondering-

You sip on your coffee, suspecting what's about to come.

Lando: Do you want to go out for dinner with me tomorrow night? Call it a date?

His eyes are bright and full of life - Why are you doing this...? All you're doing is playing with Lando and fucking over your relationship with Pierre. In the name of a stupid bet...

Max confused: Her brother is right there man!? And her b-

He stops, as he realises that he can't say anything about Pierre without setting everything on fire.

Lando shrugs: It's alright man, this is about her and me, not about Charles...

When mentioning Charles, your brother glances over at the two of you. Something shifts in your brother's eyes, and in Pierre's when they realise what this is about. Both of them start shaking their heads for you to say no.

Lando proudly: So? Do you want to go out with me?

Charles interjects: Don't do this just because we ditched the dating rule y/n-

Sheer terror has spread in Pierre's eyes. You stare at Lando for a moment.