Chapter Seventeen: Oh Really?

Charles' PoV:

You can't even dwell on what just happened - You'll think about all of it later. You head into your drivers room, suit up and start with some bureaucracy. Some new Ferrari sponsors will be announced within the next couple of days, so you have to sign the contracts ahead of time. When you're done with those, you head over into the paddock for some pre-race interviews. The paddock is overflowing with fans and members of staff - It's an absolute shit-show.

You spot Pierre and Esteban waiting on their interview.

Charles sighs: Hey

Esteban: Hi. What a chaos, huh?

Charles: For real - It's a hot mess.

Esteban: Could be better, could be worse.

You nod in response.

He gets called away, as it's his turn, so you step closer to Pierre.

Pierre: What's up man?

Okay, maybe you can't postpone thinking about it. The guilt is eating you alive and all you can do is distract yourself. You want to make it right again, but as of right now, you don't know how you'll even manage to.

Charles: y/n is insane and apparently so am I.

He laughs awkwardly before inquiring any further.

Pierre: Uh, what do you mean?

Charles: So get this, she snuck out last night, went to some bar, made out with some guy, and now her entire neck is covered in hickies.

Pierre's PoV:

Ohh... So she's making up stories now... Interesting. Well, okay, she couldn't have told him the truth. Charles would've freaked out if he would know any of this. Truthfully you're mad you even fucked up again last night - You keep fumbling it. You're obsessed with her and now the situation has gotten even worse. You fake being surprised, as if it wasn't you who marked her.

Pierre shocked: Oh really?

Charles scratches the back of his head.

Charles: Yeah, and of course I freaked out about it. I mean she really shouldn't be sneaking out and going to random bars.

She could've picked a better lie, but now that you're thinking about it, it's the most logical thing she could've picked... Okay, fair enough. Random bar, some guy... You would've said the same if you had to lie.

Pierre: Uh, did she tell you who she was with?

Assumably if he would know it was you, he wouldn't be telling you in this calm, frustrated manner. Instead, he'd be yanking you around aggressively, like he did last night.