1.

"Anna Davis. Dauntless." Marcus Eaton announced.

I heard a roar of applauses. I walked down in my red top and brown pants. I am going to stand out with this yellow cardigan. I may not look the part right now. But I tried the best I could. I sat next to a tall man that was wearing a blue suit. Erudite. He had dark hair and blue eyes. He is pale and had a few freckles that lined his nose.

"Name?" I asked as I tuned out the looks from my family. I could feel their stares.

"Jacob. You?"

"Ann" I told him as I took off my cardigan.

I tried to tune out the stares from amity. Not many defected and especially a council members daughter. I tried to pay attention to the stage. But I couldn't help but sneak a peek at the brightly dressed section. My mother was wiping her eyes with a napkin and my father. Staring at me with those same dead eyes that he looked at me when he told me that he was doing this for my own good. I flinched back when we made eye contact. I haven't talked to him since I moved into the bunkhouse.

Johanna was a lifesaver. Johanna made sure I was never alone. Ever. She put him to work out in the fields where he spent 5 out 7 days staying in tents. Johanna came to me one day and gave me instructions to a small clearing in the forest. She set up a dauntless transfer, named James, to help me so I could take back some of what my dad took from me. If I could defend myself then I won't be raped again.

Johanna had me meet with her once a week. She really made me see the disgust my father was. She helped me be okay with some physical contact again. I can actually stand hugging women and I can actually shake hands with men which I couldn't do before.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Jacob nudge me as he got up. I immediately got up and took a mental note of the transfers. These people will be my friends or enemy over the next 10 weeks of initiation.
We have 12 transfers in total and that is including me and Jacob. One from Abnegation since Beatrice Prior transfered to dauntless more and more Abnegation are transfering. The other transfers were mixed between candor and Erudite. I was the only the one from Amity.

I was able to keep up with the dauntless thanks to James. He thought running would help with my anxiety. Which it did. I ran at least once a day. I followed the wave of black to the train. Climbing up I felt a little regret. I left everything I know because of fear. But I am going to prove everyone that this little amity girl is more than the girl that was raped.

We all stood on the train platform. Jacob next to me with a Candor named Niki. She was maybe 5'7 and had beautiful curves. I looked down at myself. I have decent weight on me now because of training. But I can fit into a childs shirt. I have nothing there really.

I wiped my sweaty palms on my pants and waited until the Dauntless started to move. I kept up with some and as I grabbed the silver handle after a girl with blue hair. I had some pain but I flung myself forward and climbed very ungracfully in the car. I scrambled away from the door and sit next to the blue haired girl. She was shorter like me. Maybe 5'5. She had a stud above her eye and a gold ring on her nose. She had a dark complexion and blue eyes that had flecs of brown in them.

"Erica." She said and held out her hand.

"Ann" I shook her hand.

"You just entered hell Ann." She laughed.

"I lived through hell. This will be a walk in the park." I laugh

"Woah. That got dark." Jacob said as he tried to catch his breathe.

"Erica this is Jacob" I said and gestured to them.

"I can remember that." Jacob winked

"Of course you can." Erica rolled her eyes.

We talked for about a half hour. I learned that Erica is an only kid her dad was killed while working the fence. A travel accident. She doesn't belive that so she is going to work the fence to find out. Jacob is the youngest out of 3. All of his family is in Erudite.

"Get ready." A tall women said with long black hair.

"Ready?" I asked as Erica get up.

"Just hold hands and follow me." She said as she grabbed my hand.

Jacob grabbed mine and it immediately made me flinch. I mentally counted like Johanna tought me. By the time I got to 5 I was fine. Jacob will not hurt me. I was pulled out of my thoughts by literally be pulled. I basically jogged after Erica and before I could stop her she jumped pulling me with her.

I slammed to the ground and rolled. I hear an ugf from behind me and saw jacob holding his knee. I pushed myself up as Erica laughed. She brushed some of the gravel off of my back and arms as she made sure I was fine.

"Gather around." I heard a deep voice say as I helped Jacob up.

We walked over to a ledge that held 3 people. 2 men and the female from the train.

One of the men was bold and had tattoo peaking from his shirt and down his arms. The other one. Wow. That is seriously not fair that dauntless is hiding men like this. He had the bluest eyes. He had a crossing tattoo on either arm and he had some weird square tattoos on his neck. He had two black studs on above his right eyebrow and in his ears.

"My names Eric. I am one of your leaders. If you want in to Dauntless. You are looking at it." He said as he pointed towards the ledge.

"Is there water or something to fall into?" Asked Jacob. I rolled my eyes. Like they would tell us.

"Well, I guess you'll just have to find out. Who wants to go first?" Eric said with a small smirk.

I didn't give myself time to think. I walked right toward the ledge and look down. There was a dark hole that went forever. I looked up at Eric on the ledge and he just raised an eyebrow. I climbed on top the ledge and smiled as I fell forwards.

I felt free. It was like everything from my past just flew away.