34.

He has to be okay. He has to be okay. He has to be okay.

Those words kept repeating in my head as I pulled on clothes. I needed something quick so i could get back to the infirmy. I threw on yoga pants and the hoodie Eric was wearing this morning. His mint and metallic scent overwhelmed my senses causing grief and love to go over me. I slid my sock cladded feet into my running tennis shoes before following Tori back down to the infirmy.

It was a lot busier than before. There was grey mixing with black in the beds and doctors moving around. It was loud. Or maybe it just felt loud as I walked through. I had one mission. To make sure Erics okay.

I passed a bed with a dauntless laying on their side. A women. I gasped as I saw that it was Niki. In the fighting I didn't even think of my friends. I turned to Tori. Feeling torn.

"I'll get an update." She said and squeezed my shoulder. I smiled at her slighty and went into to the little curtain room where Niki laid. She had her left wrist wrapped and a bad gash across her forehead that had been sewn shut.

"Niki?'' I asked quietly. Sitting on the seat next to her bed. She opened her eyes and smiled slightly at me.

"Hey you." She said in a light voice. I am guessing she is drugged up by the twinkle in her eyes.

"What happened?" I asked worried that I haven't seen jacob. Or Erica.

"I was helping a kid. When I tripped. I fell and was out. I remember Jacob helped me to one of the trucks. He stayed behind to help with the aftermath." She said and groaned as she sat up.

"Did you see Erica?" I asked and moved to the side of her bed.

"Not since we arrived." She said in a soft voice.

I sighed and took my eyes off of her and started to pick at my fingers. I can't be anxious about her. Not when the man I love is fighting for his life.

"I heard a leader got hit." She said with a curious tone. I blew out a shakey breathe. She grabbed my hand causing me to look up.

"It was Eric. I haven't had an update yet.'' I said blinking my eyes to clear the tears.

"Oh Ann...What happened?" She asked worriedly.

"He was trying to a fucking hero. Evelyn pulled a gun and went to shot Max. And Eric jumped in front of him." I said with tears in my eyes. Remembering the way Eric landed on the ground. The blood. The groans of pain.

I was pulled out my thoughts by Tori coming in. She looked somewhat relaxed. I stood up and faced her fully.

"He is getting stitched up now. They have him completely sedated. But he is stable. At least for now. They don't want to get hopefull as it did take almost a half hour from time of injury to get here. There could be risk of infection. But he is alive." Tori said and my brain stuck on her last sentence. But he is alive.

I collapse on my knees and cried. The fear now draining put of me. He is alive. He is okay.

>>>>

It took another 3 hours before they would let me see him. He was laying on a black bed without a shirt but his side and abdomen was wrappped in white gauze. He was still asleep and he has an iv in his left hand causing me to be on his right side holding his hand. He isn't as pale as before but he still isn't his beautiful tan. His hair was flopping in his face. He was just as beautiful as the first day I saw him.

I looked up as the door opened. It was Max. He sat down besides me and sighed. I didn't blame him. Eric has always been kind of reckless. Even with his life. I looked at him and he immediately dropped his gaze that he had set in me.