39.

"May the truth set you free." All the candor around us spoke.

"We will start with some preliminary questions. What is your name and faction?" Jack asked.

"Anna. Dauntless." Even if I wanted to lie my mind wouldn't allow me. It was like an overpowering need to speak the truth.

"What is your rank in Dauntless?''

"Leader."

"The youngest?"

"Yes. Eric is the second youngest."

"We will not move on to the investigation." Jack said and my heart seemed fo move faster in my chest. Of that was even possible. I already felt the pit of tears sitting in my eyes. I don't want to show weakness by crying. But I know today they aren't twars of weakness. They show that I survived something awful.

"Your father is?"

"Robert Davis."

"What happened on September 16th?''

"I was raped and branded." I breathed out shakily.

"By who?''

"My father. Robert Davis."

"Tell us about that night. Don't leave a single detail out." Jack said and I sighed shakily.

It is like it just happened. I remember every single thing. I cross my arms trying to ground myself. I felt Erics ring dig into my finger with how hard I am grabbing my arms and I met his eyes. He just met mine and the intensity there gave me strength. I sighed shakily and looked back at Jack.

"I was doing night checks in the barn. It was a normal might. I remember it was the start of spring so I was checking the horses so they weren't too hot But I heard someone up in the hay loft. I called out and was answered by Robert. He asked me to come up and help him move some hat around. I thought it was weird as it was almost 10 pm. But sometimes he moved things around in the barn at weird times. Once I got up there he asked. Well demanded really. that I lay on the wooden floor. I didn't think anything of it as we sometimes would look up at the stars as the hay loft had a glass window on the top that we could see the stars. I thought he was just having a bad day. He then pinned me under him. And. And. He. He pulled down my skirt and ripped my underwear away from me. I told him to stop. I tried to shove him away. I screamed when he shove his fingers into me. I told him no. I screamed when he shove into me with his. His. I tried to fight him off but he was to large." I felt a sob come up stopping my next sentence. "After he was done. He got up and I remember how bloody he was. He took my virginity. He then walked over to a small heater that he had his brander laid against. He then moved my shirt up and pressed the hot brand to my side. I think I screamed. But the next thing I remember was waking up in the med ward. Jeanine, my mother and Robert was there. They all wanted it to be a secert."

The room was silent. I reached up and wiped my tears. Meeting Erics eyes. He didn't look at me with pity. He had heard the whole thing the second time we had sex as it caused a panic attack. I looked at jack and I couldn't tell if he was disgusted or mad.

"Did he say anything to you?" Jack asked breaking the silence after a minute.

"When he was raping me he kept saying he was doing it for me amd calling me a nickname that he gave me when I was a baby. Anniebear. And when he branded me he said that I was now his." The tears never stopped.

"What do you want his punishment to be?" The question surprised me. I looked over the room.

My eyes landed on the lump of a man sitting on the ground. No power. I wiped my tears. He has no power. He will never have power again. I looked back to Jack. No more tears in my eyes.