35.

I was woken up by a hand running through my hair. I had left it down because Eric always said he liked it down. I lift my head and met Eric's eyes. He was sitting up with a couple pillows behind him. He has a small twinkle in his eyes and I smiled slightly. That is my Eric.

"Good morning. How are you feeling?" I asked sitting up. My back was not happy with my hunched over position and neither was my neck. I stretch then but the pain didn't easy.

"I am ready to get out of this bed." He said truthfully. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"I know baby. Soon." I cooed grabbed his hand that he dropped on the bed. He raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"You never call me baby." He said in almost a questioning tone.

"Well, I just figured maybe it was time for me to start calling you pet names. I found out that time is very limited in our world. I was smacked in the face truthfully." I said and shrugged my shoulders. But I thought of Uriah and Erica. Their time together was so minimal. They didn't get enough time. We almost didn't get enough time.

"Did you find Erica?" He asked and I looked down at my hands. Blinking back tears. My heart squeezed.

"She's dead." I say softly. I felt the bed shift and I looked up. He was reaching for the railing to his right and clicked the button to make it go down. He then motioned for me to come. I couldn't. This was the side of his wound.

"Eric. I can't. You'll get hurt again." I told him.

"I don't care. I need to hold my favorite girl." He said in a warning tone.

"Well, I do. I don't want to see anymore of your blood out of your body for the rest of my life. It was terrible." I told him warning back that I was serious.

"Then lay on my otherside. I just need my arms full of my girl. Now." He said and I sighed as I watchd him scoot over and I climbed in on the lumpy bed. Being careful not to disturb any wires. I sighed as his arms went around. I laid my hand on his stomach that was wrapped and my head on his shoulder. This is home.

"I am so sorry you had to go through finding out about Erica alone." He said softly. I snuggled into him more and felt a tear fall.

"I am just glad you are okay. I wouldn't survive if you weren't okay." I said and closed my eyes.

"You are not going to lose me baby girl. I promise." Eric said softly and kissed the top of my head.

"I love you Eric. So much." I whispered and kissed his shoulder.

"I love you to baby girl. I am sorry I scared you." He said and hugged me closer to him.

>>>

The last 3 weeks have been hell.

Eric has been irritable. After he got out of the infimary he was on stick orders to limit movements and be on bed rest for the lasst two weeks and now can walk to his office. But he has been his "normal" Eric. There has been many nights I had to excuse myself for a quick cry in my apartment then back to his.

When it was time for Ericas funeral he was half decent. For about an hour. Then it was back to snide remarks and hateful comments. I was at my breaking point. He doesn't even want me in our bed. I end up on the couch because he can't be left alone.

I am not standing in his kitchen with tears running down my face watching the water heat up. Your just in my way. Constantly. Just leave me the fuck alone. I don't want you here. Not anymore.

Those words. Those words made something break in me. I was just trying to get him dinner. But all I have done is been wrong. Everyday. I can't do this. Not anymore. I jumped when the kettled squeals and I immediately moved it. Without a mitt.