15.

I was woken up a low beeping noise. I felt Eric stir besides me.  I guess I had moved away from him while I was sleeping and he had pressed himself against me and wrapped his arm around my waist.  I smile slightly as he tightened his arm and kissed the back of my head. He got up and walked to the dresser where I saw a small clock. It read 11:00 pm.

"Do you want coffee?" He asked his voice deeper than normal.

"Sure." I told him as I sat up. He opened the door and walked into the living area. I stretched my back and got up and went after him. He was in the kitchenette turning the coffee pot in.

"I am sorry for falling asleep." I said as I leaned against the counter as I watched him get out two mugs.

"I thought I told you that those words are ones you never have to say to me." He said as he came over.  He placed his hands in my hips and lifted me on to the counter.  "And besides I think I slept better in those 4 hours then I have in months."

"I think we can both agree on that." I told him with a blush.  The smell of coffee fill the room and with Eric standing between my legs made everything feel right. I place my hands on his arms and smiled. I could get use to this.

"So, I actually have to talk to you about something." He said as he stepped away to pour the coffee into our mugs. 

"Okay?"

"Max pulled me over yesterday and is sending me out on a mission with a few other leaders. We don't know how long we will be gone. But we will be back for your final Fear landscapes. We could leave as soon as tomorrow morning. Or next week." He said as he gave me a mug.

"You don't have any more details?" I asked as I sipped my coffee and he sat in the counter across from me.

"I know we will be gathering intel on a group of Factionless. All we know is that this group could be dangerous."

"Really? I thought the factionless were just kind of there? I mean we have all heard the horrors of being factionless. But enough to gather intel?" I was surprised because we always felt bad for the factionless.

"There have been whispers of the factionless trying to start a revolt to over throw the factions. We have heard whispers that they have lots of firepower. We have heard that a dauntless member has been smuggling weapons to them." Eric explained as he grabbed the tablet to the left and started to type on it.

"Who would do that?" I asked as I took another drink of coffee.  I was starting to feel hot from being layered up so I pull off Eric's hoodie and place it next to me.

"All we have is fragments. We know he is 6foot and he walks hunched over when he walks.  He always wears the same black hoodie and pants. He always goes during guard changes.  Even though we have changed the times.  He knows." Eric said as turned to show me the image on the screen.  It was of a hooded man walking towards the train tracks.

"He looks to be holding things in his jacket." I said and grabbed the tablet.  I enlarge the screen and zoom in to the left arm.  He had it tucked under his hoodie. It looked to be something bulky underneath. I jumped down and stood between his legs now and showed him the tablet. He took a closer look and grunted as he took it. 

"We just might have caught him in the act of smuggling weapons. Good eye." Eric said and kissed me quickly.

"Is that why we spend most patrols on the roof because it sees everything including the train tracks?" I asked not moving away but relishing in the feeling on me against him.

"Yes.  We are patrolling to keep dauntless safe. We don't need the Factionless coming here and taking over." He said looking at the tablet and pressing a few buttons on the tablet. I looked over the screen and saw him pulling up the weaponry sheet. "See this is the weird thing.  All the weapons are accounted for. We do an overview every night and morning."