31.

Eric ushered me into the room and there was the leaders of Erudite, Candor and Abnegation.  Eric walked around and pulled out the last available seat and sat. Before I could do anything he pulled me down into his lap and nodded at Max to begin.

I kind of tuned out Max explaining to them the situration and let's just say Marcus was pissed. We spent the last 2 hours listening to Marcus agrue with all the leadership council.  Marcus wanted Four released or be relinquish into his hands. Which didn't go over with anyone. Then he wanted to take it under Abnegation leadership but everyone else was against it. They thought it was a conflict of interest. Considering that Four was his son.  And selfless or not. You couldn't be unbias towards you child.  Weather you are an abuser or not.

"Okay, we are putting our trust in Candor to get the truth. And they will bring us a 3 doses of the truth serum if our method doesn't work?" Max said as he brought the meeting to an end.

"With their truth serum no one can lie.  Not even a divergent. So if I get a feeling of any deceit.  You will be the first to know." Eric said making sure everyone heard the twinge of hatred on the world divergent. 

"If he is lying.  We will find out. And the girl.  Tris prior? Has she been found?" A blonde Candor representative asked.  I taped at my Tablet looking at security footage.

"Not yet.  We will notify everyone when we get sight of her.  If she comes back. Every one in the factionless army will know he has been caught.  I'd be surprise if she shows her face.  If she does then she'll be in a world of shock. She probably thinks Four wouldn't betray her.  Because of love." I said and plopped down my tablet looking at the representatives.  It was the first time i have spoken the whole time.  Eric talked a few times but kept it to a minimum.

"Well, I guess love is always a lower level than death. Or torture." Marcus growled out looking at me and Eric. 

"Not for me.  I'd gladly die before I sold her out." Eric said and kissed my cheek quickly.  I smiled and looked back at Marcus's darkening features.

"I mean. You know all about that.  Isn't that why Tobias left. And you know.  Your wife faked her death?" I asked and leaned forward placing my elbow on the glass table and placed my head on my hand.

"You don't know a thing." Marcus scoffed and stood quickly.

"So, hitting your kid with a belt until he defacted was a selfless thing? Because you did it out of love?" I raised an eyebrow egging him on.  His nose flared and his eyes hard. 

"Okay, I think this is over.  We will be in contact." Max said and stood.  He shook everyone's hands and helded the door open. He thanked Erudite for their corporation and for letting us taken the investigation with Jeanine.  We didn't move as they walked out the door and Marcus didn't take his angry eyes off of us until he left.  I smirked and waved slightly as he walked out.

"You have spent to much time with Eric." Max said as he closed the door. I laughed and shrugged.

"I am so tired of faction leaders getting away with bad things. Abnegation is hiding a child abuser. Erudite is trying to hide Jeanine plans. Amity is hiding a rapist.  Who knows what Candor is hiding. I know what we hide." I sighed and leaned back against Eric chest and he rubbed a hand down my arm.

Before we could contiune this conversation a notfication lit up my tablet.  I grabbed it and opened it.  It was a camera on the far left of the building. There was Tris walking with an empty bag. She was walking back and looking around wildly.

"Who wants to go catch a traitor?" I asked and flip the screen so Max can see it.  He smirked and walked to his desk. I stood and adjusted the knifes on my thigh and checked my gun on my hip.