26.

Sitting at the leader table was definitely different. I sat between Marlene and Eric. Over the last week me and Marlene have become close. She is only 2 years older than me and we clicked once we were alone. Max sat at the head of the table with a small dark women. She had dark brown hair that was pulled into a ponytail and tattoos creeping up her neck and down her arms. She had a small gold band in her ring finger and had her brown eyes on Max in a lovingly manner. That must be Maggie. I will have to introduce myself today. Greg and Derek were sitting across from us. Uriah had joined us a couple minutes ago.

"If I didn't want you before but watching now. Showing us how powerful you are." Eric whisper in my ear and place a hand on my upper thigh. My breathe hitched and not from anxiety. I looked up and made eye contact with him.

It almost felt like there was an unspoken electric shock that went through us. It made my yoga pants feel damp as we stared. I felt him start to move his hand up when Marlene gaged and nudged me.

"Seriously you two? We eat here." She yelled at us. I jumped and blushed deeply. He removed his hand and placed it on my back instead. That is a safe spot for how we were just feeling.

"You haven't even jumped his bones and you guys have chemistry like that. Damn. It will be good when it is time." She said and winked. I gasped at her and giggled.

"Our sex life is none of your business Marlene." Eric grumbled while pouring some tea into my mug.

"Or your nonexistent one." She teased while plopping a small potato into her mouth.

"It is starting to exist." I said before picking up my tea. I smirked when I saw her choke and Eric snicker as he cut into his stake.

"I want details later." She whispered and I laughed hard.

>>>

I was laying on my back listening to Niki read her book. Eric thought it would be good to spend the last night with everyone. That being said I couldn't sleep. I have the shirt Eric was wearing today and his joggers. But knowing he was home and alone made me restless. It is so ridiculous that I feel like I need him to sleep. I have my spot on his bed waiting for me.

I tossed and turned for another couple hours before I have up in sleep and threw on a hoodie. Of course it was Eric's and tucked his key under the hoodie. I slid tiptoe out of the dorms and walked through Dauntless. It was roaring with life as initiates celebrated their ranks and finishing inituation. I was never one to party. I smiled at the friends I came to know. Ian may be salty to me still but he was still a friend. Erica was dancing very sensually with Uriah and Ian was dancing with a dauntless born named Lindsay. Erica must have sensed my stare and looked up and she waved. I waved back and winked as I walked away.

I walked up the stairs to the leadership floor. Tomorrow I will get my keys for my apartment. My name plate had already been placed. I touched the gold name plate. Ann Devis. I wanted something close not his last name.

"I was wondering when you were going to come." A deep voice said from behind me. I jumped and turned. There was Eric was leaning against the door jam without a shirt. I smiled slightly as the small glow from his apartment lit up the dark hallway.

I walked to him a kissed his check softly before walking into his living room. I felt at peace here. I feel at home.

"I couldn't sleep. When you spend almost 2 weeks away from the openess of the dorms it is hard to sleep." I said a looked at the clock on his wall. 11:47 pm..

"Well, let's change that." He said and wrapped an arm around me while ushering me to his arm.

"I think I'd rather be here anyways in case I have a nightmare. My fear landscape I think sent me backwards slightly." I mumbled embarassed.